The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites interested / qualified consultant firms to tender proposal documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Engagement of a National Consultant to Provide Technical Assistance for Mapping of Providers of Antenatal Care Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV Services in 36+1 States
All pregnant women are expected to be provided with quality service irrespective of their location and socio-economic status. However, in Nigeria, only one third of pregnant women have access to services to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) services. Among the many reasons is the fact these services are only available in about 25% of the approximately 25,000 antenatal clinics listed in the health facility registry maintained by the Federal Ministry of Health. Even at facilities that are listed as providing PMTCT services, the full range of HIV services they offer is uncertain as are the linkages between PMTCT, adult ART and paediatric ART services.
This situation has contributed to poor PMTCT and paediatric HIV indices. By the end of 2020, the coverage of PMTCT was as low as 44%. Globally, Nigeria contributes the highest percentages of HIV positive pregnant women who are not on treatment (24%), babies with new HIV infections (14%), and children who die from AIDS-related causes (12%).
The National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCP) has worked with all 36+1 states to develop state-specific frameworks to remedy the poor PMTCT and paediatric indices. The first key action in these frameworks is the identification and mapping of health facilities that provide antenatal care./PMTCT services. During this process, the HIV and related services each facility provides will be documented and selected data extracted. A substantial proportion of pregnant women receive antenatal care from traditional birth attendants (TBA) and other unskilled providers outside formal health facilities. Therefore, TBAs and their service delivery points will also be mapped as part of this process. The information provided by this mapping exercise will be used to designate all providers of antenatal services/PMTCT as hubs or spokes and for other programmatic actions.
Task Description and Responsibility
- Technical consultation at national level for planning and execution of this assignment
- Collation of comprehensive list of HIV/AIDS service providers and services rendered in each State by geographic location, facilities and program area based on the confirmation at the LGAs.
- Technical assistance support to NASCP, and regional consultants or Mapping and data collection.
- Support finalization of tools for implementation of this mapping assignment.
- Advanced degree in public health, social sciences, or other related area
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in management of public health programme/project management
- Demonstrable experience in HIV data management including data analysis is required
- Experience in GIS mapping is required
- Excellent English language writing skills
- Ability to deliver reports in MS Word format and MS Excel required
- Previous experience in performing similar assignments will be an asset
- Excellent facilitation and team management experience will be an advantage
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Thursday, 16th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposals with requested documents to the address below:
Assistant Director (Procurement Unit),
National AIDS / STIs Control Programme,
Edo House, 75 Ralph Shoidende Street,
Central Business District,
Garki - (FCT) Abuja.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NASCP shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NASCP shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NASCP.
- NASCP is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.
For more clarifications on this RFP documents, please Click Here