The Federal Government of Nigeria invites interested qualified individual consultants/technical experts from the private sector to indicate interest by tendering applications for the following works:
The Federal Government of Nigeria invites applications for:
Title: Request for Application
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the World Bank, French Development Agency (AFD) & European Investment Bank (EIB) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to increase the number of persons with a National ID number (NIN), which would be issued by a robust and inclusive foundational ID system to facilitate improved access to public services. The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) - based in Abuja - is responsible for the implementation of the Nigeria Digital Identification for Development (ID4D) Project.
The project is comprised of four components:
- Strengthening the legal and Institutional Framework
- Establishing a Robust and Inclusive Foundational ID System;
- Enabling Access to Services through IDs;
- Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement.
The governance arrangements for project implementation consist of three structures:
- Project Ecosystem Steering Committee (PESC);
- Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit (ECSU);
- The Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
The Project is now desirous of filling key vacancies within the PIU and is by this notice inviting 1 candidates who may be (1) qualified public/civil servants within the Federal Public/Civil Service structure or (2) interested qualified individual consultants/technical experts from the private sector to submit their expression of interest for any of the positions listed below.
The vacant positions within the PIU are as follows:
- Biometric Architect.
- Software Engineer.
Biometric Architect, PIU:
The Biometric Architect shall have the following minimum educational qualifications and experience:
- Relevant degree in IT Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years' experience working with biometric technologies.
- Expertise in multi-modal biometric capture technologies (e.g., facial, fingerprint, iris) and expertise in biometric matching technologies (e.g., ABIS) and in the use of biometric technologies in the field including challenging remote environment.
- Experience defining system architectures & performance requirements in support of biometrics; and analysing existing or proposed architectures for applicability and suitability and experience analysing system performance of biometric tools in terms project goals and end user needs; and system performance in terms of capacity and throughput.
- Experience defining operational and functional and technical approaches tour interfacing with other biometrics partners, including proposed interfaces, multiple network considerations, data quality, and data processing in terms of capacity and throughput and biometric tools.
Software Engineer, PIU:
The Software Engineer shall have the following minimum educational qualifications and experience:
- A degree in any discipline may suffice, as long as the applicant can demonstrate experience with either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information System or any other relevant discipline with relevant globally recognized software development certification with a minimum of five (5) years progressive working experience in technical design, development, test and integration of cross-functional, multi-platform application system with a minimum of two (2) projects, similar in scope and complexity to the NIMS;
- Experience must include working on Web Application architecture using REST APIs, Non-blocking technologies such as asynchronous tools and clustering techniques.
- Experience maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects and ongoing software maintenance by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
- The applicant will need to demonstrate experience with modern IDEs like VSCO Webstorm or related tools, as well as debugging and testing resources.
- Some knowledge of cryptography and encryption techniques are also required, such as Triple DES, AES Standards, RSA and ECC. Hashing techniques are also expected.
- Background knowledge of multiple platforms is expected, including MS Windows Server (minimum 2012), Linux (RHEL7.x and Ubuntu 16.04 and AIX). Advantage will be given to those candidates who show a flair for migration between platforms seamlessly
- Experience using UML standard design artifacts such as class models and sequence diagrams and maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects; and 10. Experience of ongoing software maintenance by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
Application Closing Date
4:00pm (Local Time) Monday, 20th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should Click Here
to fill the application form which should include the following: (1) a detailed CV, and (2) copies of certificate for professional and academic qualifications, all in doc, rtf or pdf format.
Nigeria Digital Identification for Development (ID4D) Project,
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC),
11 Sokode Crescent,
Off Dalaba Street,
Zone 5 Wuse,
F.C.T - Abuja.
(please note that this email is for enquires only and not for submitting applications, the URL above is for submitting applications).