The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) invites interested and capable consultant(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFA documents for the following works:
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a national, non-governmental organization established in 1989 and registered in 1991. The organization has her headquarters in Ibadan and 3 other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina. Our mission is to initiate promote and implement in partnership with other organizations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Application - Update/Review and Airing of Lagos State COVID-19 Jingles/Skits/Animations ICHASSA 2 Project
The Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA) Project is currently being implemented in ten (10) Local Government Areas in Lagos State by the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) with support from USAID, and working in partnership with FHI 360 and Project HOPE through ten (10) Community Based Organizations (CBOs) providing quality care, treatment and support to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in the State. The project is focused on providing comprehensive health and social services to OVC and their families across the 11 project LGAs.
In line with the approved project activities, ICHSSA 2 Project will support the Lagos State COVID-19 Response team to review/ update/ develop and air its jingles/skits/animations to effectively address misconceptions about COVID-19 transmission and vaccine. Evidence has showed that providing factual information using Jingles/skits/animations has been able to influence behavioral change about COVID-19 among community members. The jungles, skits and animations will target the general population to bring about positive behavioral change among residents of Lagos State.
This Consultancy Scope of Work (SOW) describes the Work to be done in relation to the review, update, development and airing of the jingles/skits/animations to effectively address misconceptions about COVID-19 transmission and vaccine. The specific tasks include:
- Update/review/develop new entertaining and educative COVID-19 jingles/skits/animations in different languages to inform or correct misconceptions about COVID-19
- Identify and map out media Outfits with wide reaching influence in Lagos State.
- Facilitate the airing of the jingles/skits/animations across appropriate media channels (TV, Radio, Social media, etc).
Description of Work
The consultant will be responsible for completing the activities and deliverables as follows:
|Critical Milestones and Deliverables
||Number of Days
|Participate in an entry meeting with the ICHSSA 2 Project team
|Facilitate a one-day meeting with the Social Mobilization Team of the COVID-19 Response Team in Lagos.
|Update/review/develop new entertaining and educative COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations in different languages to inform or correct misconceptions about COVID-19.
|Facilitate a one (I) day meeting with ICHSSA 2 team and the COVID-19 Response team to share draft COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations indifferent languages.
|Update COVlD-19 jingles, skits, animations in different languages in line with inputs from ICHSSA 2 Team and the COVID-19 Response team.
|Identify and map out media outfits with wide reaching influence in Lagos State and share list with ICHSSA 2 team
|Submit a comprehensive report of the consultancy period to the management of ICHSSA2 Project
- Finalized and approved entertaining and educative COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations in 5 different languages (English, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Pidgin).
- List of Media Outfits with wide reaching influence in Lagos State.
Daily Rate and Payment:
- Daily rate will be based on negotiated rates.
Supervision, Work Relations and Oversight
The consultant will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, ICHSSA 2 project for direct supervision with support from the Knowledge and Communications Officer. He/She will work in close collaboration with the Lagos State COVID-19 Social Mobilization Team as well as the COVID-19 Response Team.The consultant should be able to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion and is ultimately accountable to the Management of the ICHSSA 2 Project.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in public health, communication, journalism, marketing or social sciences
- At least 7 year's experience of producing jingles/skits/animations
- Have experience working with Lagos State Ministry of Health or COVID-19 Response Team
- Should be proficient in English writing and communication including local languages for the diverse population- LGA/community (Yoruba, lbo, Hausa, English and pidgin)
- Must present past works of jingles/skits/animations produced.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2021.
Method of Application