The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) invites interested and capable consultant(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFA documents for the following works:
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a national, non-governmental organization established in 1989 and registered in 1991. The organization has her headquarters in Ibadan and 3 other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina. Our mission is to initiate promote and implement in partnership with other organizations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Application (RFA) - Management of Lagos State COVID-19 Response Mass Media and Media ICHSSA 2 Project
The Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA) Project is currently being implemented in ten (10) Local Government Areas in Lagos State by the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) with support from USAID, and working in partnership with FHI 360 and Project HOPE through ten (10) Community Based Organizations (CBOs) providing quality care, treatment and support to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in the State. The project is focused on providing comprehensive health and social services to OVC and their families across the 11 project LGAs
In line with the approved project activities, ICHSSA 2 Project will support the Lagos State COV ID-I 9 Response team to effectively manage its mass media and media appearances to create awareness on COVID-1 9 protocol, prevention, and uptake of COVID-1 9 screening and vaccination Mass media plays a powerful and vital role in influencing awareness level leading to changes in attitude and behaviors which helps inculcate positive values and norms. The effective use of mass media for communication of COVID-19 key messages is critical to increasing awareness, stimulating conversations, correcting myths and misconceptions surrounding COVID-19 transmission and vaccination.
This Consultancy Scope of Work (SOW) describes the work to be done in relation to the review, update, development and airing of the jingles/skits/animations to effectively address misconceptions about COVID19 transmission and vaccine. The specific tasks include:
- Develop/review existing Lagos State COVID19 Mass media response strategy to mitigate current challenges and best practices.
- Develop/review COVID19 content (stories, campaigns, video, infographics, images, etc.
- Actively engage with online audiences through the social media channels
- Organize media campaigns or publications on social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, lnstagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Blog sites e.t.c).
Tasks and Deliverables
|Develop/revies mass media strategy
|Develop/review existing Lagos State COVID 19 Mass media response strategy to mitigate current challenges and best practices
||Updated mass media strategy
|Develop/review and disseminate COVID-19 mass media content
|Develop/review COVID19 content (stories, campaigns, video, infographics, images, etc) in cooperation with the ICHSSA 2 COVID 19 team and Lagos State COVID 19 Social Mobilization Team
||Contents, stories, social media posts, media appearances, campaigns, infographics, across various mass media outlets including but not limited to social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, website/Blog sites)
|Mass media management and appearance
- Actively engage with online audiences through the social media channels.
- Organize media appearances, campaigns or publications in television, radio, newspapers/blogs/magazines, social media etc.
Daily Rate and Payment:
- Daily rate will be based on negotiated rates.
Supervision, Work Relations and Oversight
The consultant will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, ICHSSA 2 project for direct supervision with support from the Knowledge and Communications Officer. He/She will work in close collaboration with the Lagos State COVID-19 Social Mobilization Team as well as the COVID-19 Response Team.The consultant should be able to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion and is ultimately accountable to the Management of the ICHSSA 2 Project.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in public health, communication, journalism, marketing or social sciences
- At least 7 year's experience of producing jingles/skits/animations
- Have experience working with Lagos State Ministry of Health or COVID-19 Response Team
- Should be proficient in English writing and communication including local languages for the diverse population- LGA/community (Yoruba, lbo, Hausa, English and pidgin)
- Must present past works of jingles/skits/animations produced.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2021.
Method of Application