The Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites prospective players in the vessel bunkering industry to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is a major player in the global LNG business. NLNG was incorporated as a Limited Liability company on May 17, 1989, to harness Nigeria's vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export.
The establishment of NLNG as a company is backed by the Nigeria LNG (Fiscal Incentives, Guarantees and Assurances) Act. Cap N87, Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004 which amongst other things, provides for the guarantees and assurances by the Federal Government of Nigeria to the Company and its Shareholders.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for Bunker Supply on Call-Off Basis to Domestic Liquefied Petroleum Gas (DLPG) Tanker Chartered by NLNG (Package 2)
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) intends to have Framework Agreements (FA) for Bunker Supply on call-off basis to Domestic LPG (DLPG) tanker chartered by NLNG, which shall be valid for a period of 3 years with an option of two successive one-year extensions at the sole discretion of NLNG. The DLPG tanker trades in Nigeria only and bunkers off Lagos, Nigeria, subject to availability of required marine fuels and meeting NLNG's requirements for safe and reliable bunkering operations.
NLNG hereby invites Nigerian companies who are players in the vessel bunkering industry to express their interest to participate in the tendering for this service.
Scope of Work
- This shall include the supply of Very Low Sulphur Fuel Oil (VLSFO), Low Sulphur Diesel Oil (LSDO) and any other required marine fuels to the LPG tanker chartered by NLNG, as well as any other LPG tanker that may be chartered by NLNG for domestic trade.
Commencement and Duration
The expected date of commencement of the Framework Agreement is Q4 2021 / Q1 2022 and the duration will be three (3) years with an option to extend for one (1) + one (1) year at the sole discretion of NLNG.
- Certificate of corporate registration.
- Tax clearance certificates (last 3 years).
- Bunkering permit/license issued by Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR).
- Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) permit.
- National Inland Waterways (NIWA) permit.
- Audited financial statements for the last 3 years.
- Marine insurance (with Protection and Indemnity extension) to cover hull and machinery for any loss or damage suffered by the vessel, including war and like risks.
- Vessel Form B, including evidence of barge ownership OR access to barge owners, with supporting documents (bunker brokers are not acceptable). Nominated barges:
- Shall have SIRE (Ship Inspection Report) within the last 12 months
- Must be less than 25years old
- Should possess a double hull construction,
- Are to be fitted with inflated Cylindrical-Marine-Fenders as a minimum.
- If more than 15years old, must have a minimum Condition Assessment Programme (CAP) survey rating of 2.
- Nigerian Content requirements - see below.
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 ("NOGICD Act") details expected Nigerian content deliverables within contracts in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry as listed below. NLNG is committed to the development of the Nigerian oil and gas industry; and maintains compliance with the NOGICD Act. All organizations which intend to do business with NLNG are required to comply fully with the provisions of the NOGICD Act in relation to Nigerian Content Development Interested companies shall therefore provide evidence of compliance with the provisions of the NOGICD Act that relate to this service, especially the minimum Nigerian Content percentage (%) for the scope which are covered in the NOGICD Act.
Failure to show compliance with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development Policy of the Nigerian Government, shall result in disqualification from bidding for this contract. As part of their submissions, companies signifying interest by responding to this Advertisement shall submit:
- Nigerian Content Plan:
- The process and procedure that explain the methodology of how it intends to comply with the requirements of this Act (Nigerian Content Plan).
- The set target(s) in the schedule of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act 2010 and any targets set by the Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board.
- The plans for giving first consideration to services provided within Nigeria, with a list of work packages. 3rd Party services and subcontracts should be reserved for Nigerian indigenous contractors including those that will be provided by companies of Nigerian origin.
- iv. The plans for giving first consideration to raw materials and assembled goods of Nigerian origin within this contract.
- V. The plans for Technical Skill Transfer to Nigerians employed on the contract where applicable.
- Employment and Training Plan (ETP):
- An employment and training plan (ETP) which shall explain how first considerations shall be given to employment and training of Nigerians in work programme of the contract. (Required for Nigerian companies in partnership with foreign companies).
- Company Registration:
- Documentation to demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian registered company. Submit certified true copies of the CAC forms 10, 02 and 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc) including company memorandum and article of association and other evidence of entity's incorporation shareholding and ownership structure in Nigeria.
- R&D Plan:
- Research and Development Plan to support R&D activities in alignment with NCDMB's aspirations.
- In-Country Assets:
- A detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities and infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office and administrative space, storage, workshop, repair and maintenance facilities etc.) in Nigeria to support the contract; evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by local subsidiaries.
- Organisation Structure:
- Details of the company's corporate organizations overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior and junior skilled workers, etc), identifying positions manned/occupied by Nigerian nationals with evidence of type of employment in-country, and identifying the positions manned/ occupied by other nationals.
- Joint Qualification System (JQS) Registration:
- Evidence of registration in the NOGICD JQS.
- Vessel Categorization:
- Evidence of nominated vessels listed as A or AA in NCDMB's vessel categorization scheme.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
The Expression of Interest document should be submitted: In electronic copy in PDF by email to: email@example.com
with "Confidential-Expression of Interest for Supply of Bunker fuels to DLPG Vessel Chartered by NLNG" in the subject line.
Submission in response to the above requirements shall be completed strictly in accordance with the instructions given by this publication, segregated, and arranged in the order indicated. Failure to submit any of the documents may result in disqualification of the application.
- This is not an invitation to tender. The full tendering procedure will be provided to applicants that are successful in the pre-qualification exercise which will be carried out in accordance with NLNG's relevant procedures.
- Notwithstanding the submission of an Expression of Interest, NLNG is neither committed nor obliged to include any company and/or its associated companies, agents or subcontractors on any bid list or award any form of contract to any company and/or its associated companies, agents or sub-contractors.
- This advertisement for Expression of Interest shall not be construed as a commitment by NLNG, nor shall it entitle any person(s) to claim any indemnity from NLNG or its affiliates by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
- This Expression of Interest is a simple invitation for relevant vendors to express interest in providing the indicated services and does not warrant any further feedback from NLNG hereafter.
- Subsequent communication on the subject will be to only those companies whose submissions meet the minimum requirements outlined in this EOI.