Federal Government of Nigeria
Science and Technology Education Post-Basic (Step-B) Project National Universities Commission, Abuja, Nigeria Nigerian Research and Education Network (Nigerien)
Credit No. 4304-UNI
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. 591 of 2nd July, 2007.
2. The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Science and Technology Education Post Basic Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for the Procurement of Network Management Centre and Multimedia Infrastructure and Services
3. The National Universities Commission, Abuja, Nigeria,
participating in the implementation of the Science and Technology Education Post Basic Project, now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the:
NUC, Abuja, Nigeria
N1,500,000.00 or US $9,500.00
Network Center infrastructure arid office equipment
N1,262,000.00 or US $7,900.00
27 Federal Universities, NUC (Abuja) and Network Management Centre (Abuja)
Multimedia infrastructure and Services
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRO Loans and IDA Credits and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria
- Documentary Evidence of at least two contracts involving the development, installation and provision of technical support for Information Systems of similar nature, functional/technical characteristics and value during the last three (3) years
- Audited Financial Statements for the last 3 years to demonstrate the financial capability of the Bidder in terms of turnover and adequate working capital
- Manufacturer’s Authorizations for Information Technologies - except for those technologies which the Bidder itself manufactures - are required for the following types/categories: All active (i.e. powered) equipment and all software.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors shall not be applied.
Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from STEP-B Project Office, National Universities Commission, Abuja, Nigeria at the address below and inspect the Bidding Documents from 9:00am to 4:00pm Mondays - Fridays, except on public holidays.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only or equivalent of US$100 only.
The method of payment will be bank draft in favor of National Universities Commission STEP-B Project.
The Bidding Documents will be collected by the representative of the Bidder directly or by courier services paid by the bidder on request. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on 30th October, 2012.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 12:00noon on 29th November, 2012.
All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in the amounts stated above. Late bids will be rejected.
Bid-s will be opened in the -presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 12:00noon.
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will -be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which is, among other remedies, punishable by potential blacklisting from participation in future World Bank-financed procurement.
NUC STEP-B Project Office, Virtual Library Building,
National Universities Commission, 26, Aguiyi Ironsi -Street, Maitama-Abuja
P.M.B. 237, Garki, GPO, Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: +234- 8027455412, 7054407741, 7039254081 Ext. 2232 or 2233
Project Manager, STEP-B