Lagos State Government invites qualified consultant(s) to indicate by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Lagos State Government invites applications for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) - Selection of Consultant to Carry Out Preparation of Lagos State Secondary Drainage Master Plan (Priority 2) for Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimoso, Amuwo-Odofin, Mushin and Ojo Local Government Areas
The Lagos State Government is desirous to engage the services of a consultant to carry out the preparation of Lagos State Secondary Drainage Master Plan (Priority 2) for Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Amuwo-Odofin, Mushin and Ojo Local Government Areas.
The objectives of the consultancy service include the:
- Preparation of a comprehensive understanding of the hydrological system in the state as well as an inventory of drainage patterns along drainage routes.
- Suggestion of remediation measures to flooding in order to alleviate its negative impacts on the standard of living, minimize health risks to the residents and improve the overall living condition of the inhabitants.
- Identify tertiary drains due for capacity upgrade to secondary (collector) system.
N/B: The successful Consultant would be required to complete the proposed study within 15 months.
Scope of Work
The successful Consultant is expected to fully deliver the plan taking into consideration the detailed scope of work as indicated below:
- Conduct necessary site investigations to allow the elaboration of an optimal conceptual design of the required drainage measures.
- Characterize the storm water drainage problems in the respective L.G.As.
- Propose effective and economic mitigation and preventive measures.
- Prepare an inventory of all secondary drainage systems within the respective LGA in Lagos State showing their existing sizes, rainfall catchment areas, peak flow passing through them in various return periods, their flow capacity and hydraulic adequacy.
- Prepare an inventory of all tertiary drainage systems due for capacity upgrade into secondary drainage system within the respective LGA in Lagos State showing their existing sizes, rainfall catchment areas, peak flow passing through them in various return periods, their flow capacity and hydraulic adequacy.
- Prepare a recommended action plan for the horizon year of 2065 and determine priority areas for drainage works (sites which need urgent repair/upgrade, to improve infrastructure and reduce flooding).
- Prepare a cost estimate of the main works of the Master Plan.
- Transfer technology and site investigation vehicles to members of the ODS&WR Ministry of Environment, Lagos State.
The State Government would consider Consultants duly registered to practice in Nigeria and with proven capabilities on such assignment. To apply, the Consultant must show evidence of considerable experience and track records of good performance in the aforementioned services.
For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted with contractual agreement and evidence of completion. Determination of the similarity of experience will be based on the nature of the services provided; technical expertise and regional experience. In addition, the Consultant is to submit and fulfill the following documentation and conditions:
- A covering letter summarizing content of the pre-qualification documents;
- Certificate of Incorporation of Company/Firms registration in Nigeria;
- Evidence of current registration with Lagos State Public Procurement Agency (PPA);
- The Firm's general structure and detailed curriculum vitae profile/particulars of staff of the Firm or Consortia with areas of specialization;
- The last 3-Years Audited Financial Statements and latest Management Accounts (2018, 2019 and 2020);
- Evidence of similar job done on the scale of the advertised project in the last five years (evidence of Letter of Award and Certificates of Job Completion);
- Last 3 (three) years Company Tax Clearance Certificate (2018, 2019 and 2020);
- Detailed methodology as well as work plan to be used in line with objectives and scope of service project.
- Evidence of last three (3) Years Development Levy for Two (2) Directors.
- Sworn Affidavit confirming that all document submitted are authentic.
N/B: Only Consultants who maintain a current Registration Status with the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency will be eligible to participate in the process.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Noon Tuesday, 21st November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
The Selection process shall be conducted on the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency's ETendering Portal Expression of Interests (EOI) must be submitted online in English Language clearly titled "Selection of Consultant to carry out Preparation of Lagos State Secondary Drainage Master Plan (Priority 2) For Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Amuwo-Odofin, Mushin and Ojo Local Government Areas".
However, interested Consultants who are willing to submit Expression of Interests (EOI) are required to log on the e-Portal of the Public Procurement Agency (PPA) www.lagosppa.gov.ng
to upload all the necessary Pre-Qualification Conditions.
- It should be noted that this EOI does not constitute a commitment on the part of the State and/or the Lagos State Ministry of The Environment, Office of Drainage Services and Water Resources to award the project to any Consultant(s) expressing interest.
- Furthermore, submission of documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against the State and/or the Lagos State Ministry of The Environment, Office of Drainage Services and Water Resources by virtue of such party having responded to the EOI.
- All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this EOI and any subsequent requests for information shall be for the respondent's account only.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8am - 4pm:
The Procurement Unit,
Office of Drainage Services & Water Resources,
Block 16, Alausa Secretariat,
Ikeja, Lagos State.