Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) invites Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood to tender applications for the following works:
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) is the foremost environmental membership based NGO in Nigeria established in 1980, with a focus to promote nature conservation and sustainable development. NCF is the BirdLife International Partner in Nigeria, an Associate of World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), and a Member of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Our multitier membership model enables the Foundation to achieve its Vision and Mission while providing mutually beneficial privileges for its members.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Application (RFA) - Chief S.L Edu Research Grant
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) offers research grant to Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood. The grant shall be to support a PhD programme. This year's theme is "Ecosystem Restoration".
Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal:
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated in No. 2 above.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF's vision and mission.
- Proposals must be in line with the theme.
- A progress report (on letter headed paper) from the applicant's Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant, is a very essential condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum Vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2022.
Method of Application
- No paper application will be considered.
- Applicants should not submit more than one proposal for consideration.
- Please be informed that all applications will be acknowledged while only successful candidates will be contacted by the Foundation.