The Federal Ministry of Education (FME) invites qualified contractors and eligible bidders to tender sealed bidding documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Education (FME) is a part of the Federal Ministries of Nigeria that directs education in Nigeria. It is located at Block 5A, Federal Secretariat Complex, Shehu Shagari Way, Central Area, P.M.B. 146, Garki, Abuja.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Bids (IFB) - Construction of New Facilities in FSTC LASSA
IFB Number: IBSDLEIP/Lassa/WKS/01;
Employer: The Federal Ministry of Education
Project: IBSDLEIP Additional Financing For Construction Of FSTC Lassa
Loan No. / Grant No.: 2100150036593
Procurement Method: Open Competitive Bidding (National)
OCBI/LCB No: IBSDLEIP/FME/2021/WORKS/01
Issued on: November 29, 2021
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Bank (hereinafter called the Bank) towards the cost of the Inclusive Basic Service Delivery and Livelihood Empowerment Integrated Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Construction of Hostels and Classroom in Lassa FSTC in Borno State of Nigeria. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank's Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing.
The Technical and Science Education Department of the Federal Ministry of Education now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Construction of Buildings in Lassa Federal Science and Technical College Borno State, comprising:
- 3 Nos, hostels for boys (48 bed capacity)
- 1 Nos. hostel for girls (48 bed capacity)
- 1 Nos Classroom block with an eight (8) month completion period.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Noon (Local Time), 12 January, 2022.
Collection of Bidding Documents
The bidding document in English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below with evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty thousand Naira (N20,000.00) only Payment should be made to Inclusive Basic Services Delivery and Livelihood Empowerment Integrated Programme: Additional Financing with the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The Payment description should be indicated as "Tender Fees". The bidder shall be required to present evidence of payment at the address below for collection of the bid documents. The document can also be sent by email on submission of the proof of payment as indicated above, or by courier services on request with an additional payment of N15,000:00.
Submission of Documents
Bids must be delivered to the:
Federal Ministry of Education,
Federal Secretariat Phase Three,
Room 609, Sixth Floor,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Telephone: +234 (0) 805 170 9865
- Electronic Bidding will not be permitted.
- Late Bids will be rejected.
- Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders' designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below by 12:30pm Tuesday January 12, 2022.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Eighteen Million Naira (N18,000,000.00) only.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Framework requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder's beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the address indicated above and inspect the bidding document during the indicated hours (9:00am to 4:00pm) during working days at the same address.