The Ogun State Government invites qualified and interested consulting firm's to indicate interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The Ogun State Government invites applications for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) - Consulting Services-Firm Selection
The Ogun State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for a credit from the International Development Association (hereinafter referred to as IDA)/World Bank towards the financing of the "Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP)". The Project Implementation Unit of OGSTEP intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under contracts for the Consultancy Service.
The Ogun State Government now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the Service. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Scope of Work
- Consultancy to carry out feasibility studies including ESIA on construction of 1,000 Ha of small-scale irrigation land and rehabilitation of 40km feeder road - OG/CS/AGR/03/2021
The consulting service to carry out feasibility studies including ESIA on construction of 1,000 ha of small-scale irrigation land and rehabilitation of 40km feeder road will be addressing a distinct set of constraints undermining on-farm productivity growth and overall performance of the agricultural sector. Increased access to small-scale irrigation schemes is expected to increase productivity, quality and reduce variability of agricultural output.
The objectives of this assignment are as follows:
- Prepare feasibility studies report for the planning, design and construction of 1000Ha of small-scale irrigation schemes in the identified project areas in Ogun State
- Prepare feasibility studies report for the planning, design and construction of 40km feeder roads in identified project areas in Ogun State.
- And prepare Environmental Social and Impact Assessment on construction of 1,000 ha of small-scale irrigation land and rehabilitation of 40km.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- An Engineering Firm with at least 7 years of demonstrable experience in carrying out feasibility studies and executive projects in irrigation development and feeder roads.
- The firm is expected to have a team of experienced specialists and engineers with minimum of first degree in the fields indicated in the table.
- The team leader shall have a minimum seven year's experience in irrigation development and road design and construction.
- The engineers must be certified with relevant professional bodies - preferably COREN. It is expected that the consultant should have knowledge of local environment and experience.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 4th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Completed EOI documents must be delivered in a written form or by email to:
The Acting Project Coordinator,
Project Implementation Unit (PIU),
Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP),
c/o Permanent Secretary’s Office,
Ogun State Ministry of Budget & Planning,
State Secretariat, Oke Mosan,
Abeokuta - Ogun State.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers 2011 edition and revised edition July 2014("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case ofa joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours i.e., 9:00am to 4:00pm.
for detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment.