The Ogun State Government invites reputable and competent consulting firms to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Ogun State Government invites applications for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) - Consultancy to conduct National Occupational Standards Review (NOS) Review for 10 trades plus Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Literacy skills - OG/INDV/SDS/05/2021 - (Individual Selection)
The Ogun State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for a credit from the International Development Association (hereinafter referred to as IDA)/World Bank towards the financing of the "Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP)". The Project Implementation Unit of OGSTEP intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under contracts for the Consultancy Service.
The Ogun State Government now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the Service. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Skills Development Specialist, the consultant will work closely with staff of the Office of Ogun Skills Fund to:
- Review NOS in ten (10) trades in conjunction with relevant stakeholders in Ogun State.
- Develop relevant training and assessment guidelines based upon the reviewed NOS.
- Develop relevant training materials and assessment guidelines in entrepreneurial, leadership and functional literacy skills.
- Determine the physical facilities needed for training per trade
- Determine the human resources needed for training per trade
- Determine the list of tools and equipment needed for training per trade
- Conduct relevant stakeholder workshops.
The consulting service to conduct National Occupational Standards Review (NOS) Review for 10 trades plus Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Literacy skills is to:
- Review the following National Occupational Standards (NOS) for 10 trades in line with industry needs and the peculiarities of Ogun State
- Review and Develop relevant NOS training and assessment guidelines for the enlisted trades
- Review and Develop Functional literacy, leadership and entrepreneurial training materials for the non-formal and informal sector.
The eligible Consultant must possess the following:
- Experience in designing and developing curriculum in Technical and Vocational Education for National Board for Technical Education
- Experience in developing training and assessment guide based upon the National Occupational Standards
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Skills Qualification Framework
- Experience in domesticating TVET curriculum
- Experience in developing National Occupation Standards
- Several years of experience in TVET landscape of Nigeria
- Experience in reviewing and implementing NBTE, skill-based curriculum
- Particularly good report writing, communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 4th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Completed EOI documents must be delivered in a written form or by email to:
The Acting Project Coordinator,
Project Implementation Unit (PIU),
Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP),
c/o Permanent Secretary’s Office,
Ogun State Ministry of Budget & Planning,
State Secretariat, Oke Mosan,
Abeokuta - Ogun State.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers 2011 edition and revised edition July 2014("Consultant Guidelines"),setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case ofa joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours i.e., 9:00am to 4:00pm.
for detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment.