Credit No: 4304 - UNI
Project ID No: NUC/STEP-B/NgREN/QCBS/1/20I2
This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in the Development Business, issue No. 591 of July 2nd, 2007.
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Science and Technology Education Post Basic Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Consuitancy Services for Capacity Building for the NgREN Technical Staff.
The consulting firm is to coordinate, deliver and manage the proposed NgREN capacity building programme for 150 personnel. The capacity building programme seeks to elicit clear solutions and services to technical requirements, which includes but not limited to:
The Consulting firm will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Internationally recognized ICT certification for the basic ICT skills;
- Skills validation and assessment; and
- Provision of proven Learning portal / management system for the purpose of the project.
- Upon receipt of delegate list and in consultation with the project team form the implementation committee, produce a detailed work plan for the batch training timelines
- Provide instructor-led training to recognisable international certification level in basic ICT application competences
- Provide instructor led training on introduction to concepts of application development
- Provide an electronic based learning management platform that allows authorised persons to access training and knowledge materials, pertinent to the training curriculum that is being executed
- Provide a customised environment that caters for training.
- Provide a skills assessment environment to enable participants gauge their level of progress on a self assessment basis in addition to the assessments being done by instructor/s
- Provide automated and simulated test system, examination and also conduct and monitor the certification examination.
- Provide the tools and conduct the relevant certification examination.
- Provide a comprehensive project closure report that captures all elements of the training and recommendation points for future training programs that may benefit NgREN
The NUC STEP-B Project Office now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff and other supporting documents etc). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualification.
A consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004), revised on October 1, 2006 and May 1, 2010. Please visit www.worldbank.org
Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address above on Tuesday, 30th October, 2012 at 12 noon.
Interested Consultants may obtain further clarifications during office hours (9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday) at the address below:
The Project Manager
NUC STEP-B Project Office,
Virtual Library Building,
National Universities Commission,
26, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama-Abuja
P.M.B. 237, Garki, GPO, Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel.: +234-80274554 12, 70544077411 7039254081 Ext. 2232 or 2233.