The International Labour Organization (ILO) invites organizations working in the field of campaigns, social communication and behaviour change communication to tender applications for the following works:
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Application - Recruitment of an Organization to Implement a Campaign Strategy to Mobilize Actions to Eliminate Child Labour Targeting Audiences in Africa.
Child labour is an issue of concern throughout the world. Africa is greatly affected. In 2020, a fifth of African children (92 million) were in child labour. Nearly half of them were in hazardous work. The continent had both the largest number of child labourers and the highest proportion of children in child labour among the major world regions.
Within the framework of the International Labour Organization's (ILO) fundamental principles and rights at work, the elimination of child labour is essential for economic growth to lead to greater equity, social justice and poverty reduction. The ILO ACCEL Africa (Accelerating Action for the Elimination of Child Labour in African Supply Chains) project addresses child labour in selected supply chains in Côte d'Ivoire, Egypt, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria and Uganda, focusing on some of the most traded agricultural products, including cocoa, coffee, cotton, tea and gold.
The project aims to strengthen partnerships and knowledge sharing among global supply chain actors working in Africa by engaging specific target groups to raise awareness and inspire actions to eradicate child labour.
The ILO Regional Office for Africa wishes to engage the services of an organization working in the field of campaigns, social communication and behaviour change communication, with considerable experience in implementing regional social campaigns in Africa.
The organization will also support the development and implementation of a campaign strategy including the development and use of communication channels and platforms to create a dialogue and generate actions. These could include social media accounts, partnerships with media companies, shows (as a way to engage with users), radio, blogs, etc. The type of channels used will depend on the target audiences selected.
The contract deliverables must include the following:
- A developed campaign strategy and plan with a set of proposed active tools including channels and platforms as well as monitoring and evaluation tools to evidence measured/quantified traffic/visits, interactions, feedbacks/opinions expressed.
- A set of evidence of relevant actions to eliminate child labour taken by targeted audiences and, or other individuals exposed to the campaign.
- An implementation report along with evidence of the campaign’s performance and impact in relation to established targets.
N/B: This consultancy will be conducted in accordance with existing COVID 19 regulations and restrictions status in place in targeted countries and regions.
The team leader will have the following qualifications, individually and/or as a team:
- A post-graduate degree in communication, social campaigning and/or behavioural change,
- Proven skills in coordinating a multidisciplinary team (for the team leader);
- 7 year's experience in the campaign field and analysis of campaign performance through the use of analytics, metrics, etc.,
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge of French is desirable
The organization will have the following criteria:
- Expertise and capacity in planning and implementing regional social campaigns in Africa and/or behavioural change strategies and campaigns;
- Good knowledge of the private sector and, in particular, of the field of child labour in global supply chains in Africa;
- Prior working experience with a UN agency is an asset.
- A Certificate of registration or proof of non-profit entity will be needed.
Application Closing Date
18:00 (GMT), 7th January, 2022.
N/B: Offers sent after the date and time indicated will not be considered. Please put in the subject line of the email: "Initial proposal to implement a campaign strategy to mobilize actions to eliminate child labour targeting audiences in Africa".
For more clarifications/details, please Click Here