The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) invites qualified and interested consultants to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa is a not-for-profit organization working with African governments, other Development Partners, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), the private sector, and African farmers to significantly and sustainably improve productivity and incomes of resource-poor smallholder farmers in Africa. AGRA's overall goal is to catalyse and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve the food security of at least 30 million smallholder farming households with a set of targeted catalytic downstream and systemic investments coupled with government engagement made through its alliance of partners.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Consultancy for Developing an Agric Open Data Platform and 3 Data for Government use Cases for Kenya, Ghana, and Nigeria
Objective of the Consultancy
The objective of the consultancy is to develop an Agric open data platform and 3 data for government use cases for Kenya, Ghana, and Nigeria.
Scope of Work
Proposed activities will include:
- An Assessment of the Agriculture data ecosystem:
- Rapid assessment of the Agriculture data ecosystem in the three countries Kenya, Ghana, and Nigeria. The evaluation should clearly articulate the opportunities and gaps in the system that this project can help close. The assessment will include;
- Establish data requirements (demand side) to meet the objectives
- Identify data supply side pipelines, opportunities, and partnerships
- Assessment of Open data policies and framework
- Institutional capabilities concerning promoting open data agenda
- Existence and opportunities of agricultural and related data
- Open Data technology and architectures
- Open Data governance
- Financing for Ag open data
- Evaluation of existing technology landscape which will help in establishing the technology deployment strategy, e.g., cloud-hosted or in-country deployment of the solution to aggregate data to meet the objective
- Establish the need for training or recruitment of resources to support the development and maintenance of the solution
- Develop a data gap analysis report;
- Identify critical partners working in the agricultural and related data space:
- Advice on how AGRA connects with ongoing data for development initiatives being implemented in each country to close the agriculture data gap that seeks to bridge the global agricultural data gap by transforming country data systems
- Engage partners, facilitate commitments, assess open data platform options for #DigitalAGRA
- Establishment government-led collaborative on agriculture data and manage consensus building in consultation with AGRA. Begin by identifying existing working groups and consortia to create data for the government working group. Where these systems already exist, advise AGRA on ways to strengthen them.
- Establishment of African Agric Open Data Working group
- Develop Working Group Charter in collaboration with partners
- Identification and selection justification for first 3 Data for Government Use Cases (including sustainability approach)
- Work with the African Agric Open data working group to deliver two programs – Agric open data platform and data for government use cases to drive tangible progress with the following target results:
- For each initiative:
- Consensus in the working group of scope,timeline, and participation in the initiative
- Development of work plans, budgets, public-facing descriptive material, and an overall program management ecosystem.
- Identify necessary storage and access for hosting content and applications during this program resulting in a sustainable long-term hosting platform as part of the initiative.
Profile of the Company
- Open data development within an African and Agriculture context, including government engagement
- Digital solution design that aligns Functional programs, various partners, technology, data & analytics, and integration into a sustainable business model
- Analysis of data derived from digital projects, reports, and other sources to develop data-driven hypotheses, retrospectives, and theories of change
- Considerable experience of the political dynamics around Rome-based international agencies and understanding of the challenges and gaps related to agriculture data
- Support consultations with key partners for relevant initiatives and support the development of a partnership network with stakeholders (social enterprises, government, investors, academia, private sector, etc.)
- Experience in supporting the scaling up of high-impact digital innovations for the food system.
- Experience and understanding of the agro-food and data-driven and digital agriculture sectors, focusing on impact investing ecosystem and innovative finance landscape in the digital space.
- Experience working in an international organization and multi-cultural environment is an advantage.
Qualification and Experience of Team Leader
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- At least ten years of business strategy development
- At least ten years of relevant work experience in Agriculture digital technology and development of use Cases
- Training and experience in data science or open data
- Working knowledge with National Agricultural Research Systems and International Development Agencies
- At least 10 years’ experience within Africa
Application Closing Date
17:00 hours, 5th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
- The proposal and ALL attachments submitted via email shall not exceed 10MB.
- VALIDITY of the proposal shall be for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected. The password shall be requested from bidders meeting the minimum technical score of 75%.
Application Submission Requirements
- Company Profile and firms experience
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements
- Work delivery plan
- Detailed CV of the Consultant
- Demonstration of similar assignments.
- Current company registration documents/certificate of incorporation.
- The proposal shall be limited to a maximum of 10-15 pages. The rest of the documents including detailed CVs shall be provided under annexes.
- A breakdown of the financial proposal in USD including remuneration and reimbursable costs.
- All applicable taxes (VAT and/or withholding taxes) should be quoted separately. Please note that the contracting office is Nairobi, Kenya and therefore, the contract shall be governed by the Laws of the Republic of Kenya and applicable taxes under the Kenya Jurisdiction will apply
- If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, AGRA shall assume that these are inclusive
- Other costs, e.g. accommodation and travel will be reimbursed based on the actual costs incurred and within the agreed contract ceiling.
- Payments will be made in USD.
For more clarifications on this RPF, please Click Here