The Federal Government of Nigeria invites reliable and interested insurance companies to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Government of Nigeria invites applications for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) from Insurance Underwriters for Grouplife Assurance to Cover Employees of the Federal Government for 2022/2023
The Federal Government of Nigeria wishes to invite interested Insurance companies to Bid for Group Life Assurance cover for Public Servants in compliance with the Pension Reform Act 2014 for the year 2022/2023.
The Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) hereby invites experienced and competent companies, to submit Expression of Interest in compliance with the Provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007 for the implementation of the above as follows.
Interested Companies are to submit the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (Year 2018, 2019 and 2020) valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of License by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of claim settlements and outstanding claims in 2020/2021 on the Group Life Assurance Cover of the OHSCF Scheme; and a signed declaration by the Chief Executive Officer that the company settles and continues to settle all genuine claims promptly.
- Evidence that the company has assets as stipulated in the Insurance Act 2003 and its (2018) published accounts for its Life Assurance business.
- A certified true copy of its license or certification as an Insurer to transact life assurance business by NAICOM.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- Copies of the company's published annual report and account for the last 3 years certified by National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any Officers of the relevant Committees of the Office of Head of Civil Service of the Federation or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Evidence of financial capability by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of 6 Top Management Staff with their qualification and Insurance working experience.
- Must have a verifiable address in Abuja, FCT.
- Current Re-Insurance program and premium payment for the class of insurance.
- Verifiable Documentary evidence of Group Life experience in at least three (3) years, different schemes executed in the last five (5) years.
- Proposed value addition to the policy will be an added advantage.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding Letter in the Company Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing among others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number, (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail Address The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm. xxi. Any underwriter/Insurance Company that is having outstanding claims to settle since the inception of Group Life Assurance will not be qualified.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 31st January, 2022.
Submission of EOI Documents
Interested companies are to submit one (1) bound Expression of Interest (Eol) document separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope at the address below and clearly marked with the name "INSURANCE BID". An electronic copy of the submission is to be made through email to the address below.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the Name and Address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box situate at Room 6023, 6th floor, Block B, Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase Il not later than the above stated closing date. All bidders must fill the bid submission Register while submitting their Expression of Interest in the Tender Box situate at the designated location as the OHCSF will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
All documents should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary (SWO),
Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF),
2nd Floor, Block A,
Federal Secretariat Complex,
Phase II Shehu Shagari Way,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Attention: Director Procurement
Opening of EOI
The Expression of Interest will be opened at 12:00 noon on Monday, 31st January, 2022 in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Federal Secretariat Complex Phase II, Abuja, in the Olusegun Obasanjo Hall, Block 'A' 2nd Floor, Phase Il Federal Secretariat, Abuja immediately after close of submission. In line with Section 19(b) (i) & (ii) of the PPA 2007, relevant Professional Bodies and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) are invited to witness the opening exercise accordingly.
- EoI must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- EoI submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- The Publication is for information only, and not to be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of the Management of OHCSF.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency; Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- The OHCSF will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any interested party(ies) in connection with any response to this invitation and or the preparation or submission in response to an inquiry.
- The OHCSF is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
- All CAC, PENCOM, TAX, ITE, NSITE, IRR Certificates shall be referred to issuing bodies for verification.