The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) / Bank of Agriculture (BOA) invites interested and reputable contractors to submit EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with the Bank of Agriculture (BOA) invites applications for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Selection of Mechanization Service Providers (MSPs)
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in conjunction with the Bank of Agriculture (BOA in pursuit of the Federal Government's Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) has created an enabling environment for a Public Private Partnership (PPP) for Agricultural Mechanization with a view to rendering mechanization services to Nigerian farmers Nationwide.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, in collaboration with the Bank of Agriculture (BOA) and Agro-Machinery Manufacturers Representatives in an Intervention Programme have designed an Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprises (AEHES) Centers to be privately own by Individuals, Corporate Organizations and Cooperative Societies, which shall be located around but not limited to farming communities and other demand driven locations.
Scope of Work
The AEHE's Centers to be established shall be equipped with the following Machinery to be provided by the Partners:
||Description of Machinery/Equipment
||Country of Origin
||Massey Ferguson - Tractor & Implements
||Pakistan, Turkey, USA
||DeutzFahr Tractor & - Implements
||Italy, Germany, India & Turkey
||Belarus - Tractor & Implements
||Belarus & India
||Sonalika - Tractor & Implements
||Indo Farm-Tractor & Implements
||OUQI Tractor & Implements
||New Holland -Tractor & Implements
||Ursus - Tractor & Implements
||Case IH - Tractor & Implements
||UK, Brazil & India
||Farmwell Tractor & Implements
||USA & China
||Mahindra - Tractor & Implements
||MTZ - Tractor & Implements
||Bob-Track - Tractor & Implements
||Iseki - Tractor & Implements
||Donakosy - Tractor & Implements
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in partnership with Bank of Agriculture and Manufacturers Representatives call for Expression of Interest from interested Farmers Groups, Cooperative organizations, commercial farmers, Agriculture related NGOs, Companies and other Corporate bodies in Nigeria to off-take the Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise. In the proposed arrangement, the Vendors, the Bank of Agriculture and the Ministry will provide Tractors and Equipment to Mechanization Service Providers (MSPs)up to 60% of the total cost of Tractors and Implements payable in 4 years tenure inclusive of six (6) month Moratorium. The MSP is expected to provide a down-payment of 40% of the cost of the Tractor and Implements before they are off-taken. The MSPs may consist of an individual, Single Firm or a Consortium of Firms with the Financial, Legal, Technical or other Specialist expertise required to successfully manage the Centers.
General Eligibility Requirements
Expressions of Interest (Eol) from prospective MSPS should specify the following information as the basis for pre-qualification:
- Evidence of Incorporation/ Registration of the Organization.
- Company/Cooperative/Organizations' profile, which should include CVs of key personnel with evidence of experience in farming or farm Mechanization Administration.
- Evidence of demand for Mechanize services in the proposed location (Minimum of 1500ha).
- Financial capability showing profitability, including audited accounts for the immediate last three years.
- Ability to raise 40% equity(Cooperative group funds, personal or shareholder's Investment) of the total cost of an AEHE Center.
- Evidence of fenced Physical Location or readiness to build it within the shortest possible period where AEHE Centre will be located.
- A Certification/Affidavit that the firm has never been blacklisted by any Organization or has been Bankrupt.
- Compensation Act which requires that all Employers of Labour must remit 1% of the total annual emolument of their workers to the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (as applicable).
Additional Requirement for Existing Mechanized Service Provider
- Relevant experience in the Agricultural Sector (Including Technical Competence);
- Experience working in Nigeria and/or sub-Saharan Africa;
- Financial Capacity Profile of the firm and Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Evidence of Registration with PenCom.
- Evidence of payment of Training Contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
- Evidence of Compliance with the Employees
- Evidence of past Mechanized Services rendered to farmers.
- Structure of the enterprise or readiness to follow laid down structure.
- Evidence of ownership of Tractors/Mechanized Equipment, Maintenance and Services Strategy for the past years.
- Minimum of Three (3) Tractors
- Must have some Harvest and Post-Harvest Equipment.
- Must have an administrative structure that includes Manager, Accountant, Leasing Officer, Engineer/Supervisor and Office Clerk.
- Must have records of past mechanized services rendered to farmers and monetary charges per hectare or services rendered.
Additional Requirement for Farmers Cooperatives, Association and Agric Related NGOs
- Article of Association
- Evidence of farming activities
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2022.
Submission of EOI Documents
Expressions of Interest must be submitted in six (6) copies (one original & five copies) in a sealed envelope clearly marked "SELECTION OF MECHANIZATION SERVICE OPERATORS clearly stating the location of the AEHE Center, and it should be hand delivered to:
The Director (Mechanization),
Federal Department of Agriculture,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
1st Floor, Room C113,
Area 11, Garki,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited for further consideration.
- Late submission will be rejected.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of FMA&RD or BOA to appoint any consultant nor shall it entitle any consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from FMA&RD/BOA.
- Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm, Monday through Friday (except public holidays).