The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) invites interested and reputable agencies / institution to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for Strategic Communication Services
Strategic communication is a basic requirement for the Communications, Advocacy and Partnerships (CAP) section to highlight and promote the rights of children and young people in Nigeria.
There is a strong need for intermittent and ongoing support to the UNICEF Nigeria Country Office on strategic communications and advocacy engagement for child rights implementation in Nigeria, with the objective of shifting the public, private and policy discourses and achieving budgetary changes in favour of children’s rights in Nigeria.
Due to the high volume of content creation needs by UNICEF Nigeria’s CAP Section, a longterm arrangement is required to ensure UNICEF can call upon a professional strategic communications company when needed, often on short notice. There is currently limited/no capacity in-house to carry out the required activities by UNICEF’s staff.
Scope of Work
Providing timely strategic communications services resulting in high-quality content for visibility, advocacy, and knowledge sharing purposes:
- Support in organising national level activities, international days and advocacy campaigns (especially advocacy on UNICEF programme priorities - routine immunization, ending open defecation, birth registration, education, World Children’s Day and other ‘global days’, etc.)
- Conduct research into key influencers and policy makers, identifying strategic approaches and campaign formats likely to influence public opinion and policy
- Conduct separate but related and dependent research to identify the characteristics of target audience groups, including: 1) media usage habits; 2) demographic insights; 3) language characteristics; 4) knowledge, attitudes, and practices; 4) optimal length and format of content produced; 5) other information pertinent to the event/campaign development.
- Develop detailed plans for event/campaign, media outreach, content development, influencer outreach, measurement and evaluation.
- Support in capturing events and activities of high-level celebrities like UNICEF Ambassadors, Friends or Supporters.
- Develop communication assets for use in social media, mass media, social and mobile media, and other channels identified in the communication plan. These may include graphics, posters, social media messaging toolkits and/or other assets.
- Develop necessary narratives and messaging, and conduct testing of these with focus groups and individual representative of target audiences and populations, as recommended. Revise and update content based on findings and retest if necessary.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation of the impact of the strategic communications work among targeted population groups, using relevant metrics and measurement approaches. Document findings in a report and submit to UNICEF.
- Participate in check-in calls or face-to-face meetings with the Chief of CAP and other relevant UNICEF staff on a regular basis, the frequency of these calls to be determined by the Chief of CAP.
- At least five years’ experience in organising high level events/communication activities
- Having a strong creative team, including experienced photographers and videographers
- Strong editing and post-production skills, including the ability to create a strong narrative with minimal guidance and English language skills
- Skills in using the latest hardware and software for production
- On-time product delivery under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with non-profits, NGOs or international organisations. Working experience with UNICEF is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with UNICEF brand guidelines, quality standards and ethical regulations is an added advantage.
- Experience with UNICEF’s programme priorities is a strong asset. Strong contacts with media and government is a requirement.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of Pidgin, Yoruba, Igbo, and/or Hausa is a strong advantage.
The institution should meet the following criteria:
- Proven and demonstrable success in a) planning and implementing public relations campaigns and b) monitoring and evaluating the impact of such campaigns in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and sensitivity to, issues relating to child rights in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated human resources and technical capacity including photography, videography, and design of printed materials
- High-calibre contact base with media and government
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- Good understanding of child rights policy issues, the Nigerian political discourse and familiarity with UNICEF priority child rights concerns in Nigeria
- Familiarity with the work of UNICEF on advocacy and child rights.
Application Closing Date
12:00 (GMT), 19th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
- The contractor will work on its own computer(s) and use its own office resources and materials in the execution of this assignment. The contractor’s fee shall be inclusive of all office administrative costs
- Local travel and airport transfers (where applicable) will be covered in accordance with UNICEF’s rules and tariffs.
- Flight costs will be covered at economy class rate as per UNICEF policies.
- Please also see UNICEF’s Standard Terms and Conditions attached.
- UNICEF shall be entitled to all intellectual property and other proprietary rights including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trademarks, with regard to documents and other materials which bear a direct relation to or are prepared or collected in consequence or in the course of the execution of this contract.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here