Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) invites interested and competent contractors to submit tender documents for the following works:
Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) is one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria. The company commenced operations in Nigeria in 1955 under the name Mobil Exploration Nigeria Incorporated (MENI).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for the Provision of Offshore Containers and Baskets for MPN Locations
Nipex Tender Number: 00000214
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Ventures plans to engage the services of competent contractors for the Provision of Offshore Containers and Baskets for MPN Locations in Nigeria to support her operations within the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture (JV) acreage (Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt/Onne, qua Iboe Terminal/ Eket and Bonny River Terminal) for an anticipated contract term of four (4) years plus one (1) year optional extension.
Scope of Work
Service is the rental of Containers and Baskets (CTUs) from service providers for the shipment of cargo and other materials between offshore and onshore location to support operations. This service is required across all MPN operation locations to support the logistics of shipping operation's related materials.
The scope of works to be provided shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Provision of various sizes of Containers and Baskets as required by MPN; with GPS or any other real-time tracking devices installed for specified units
- Periodic certification and maintenance of supplied units and associated lifting gears.
- Maintenance and certification of MPN owned units as maybe be required
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in the 3.08.05- Rental- Containers, Baskets Product Category in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database; ensure this is done by the Advert Close Date. All successfully prequalified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for, open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your login details. Click on continue Joint Qualification scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos, with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action,
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is committed to the development of the Nigerian oil and gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian oil and gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and, any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
NNPC/MPN JV requires their contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB. Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as "The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry".
Nigerian company, is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
N/B: Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their technical tender submissions, pre-qualified Tenderers shall:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian registered company, or Nigerian registered company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by authorized representatives of both companies.
- Furnished details of company ownership and shareholding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC forms C02 and C07.
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management position is held by Nigerians and what percentage workforce are Nigerians. Also,show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigeria resources relative to total work volume
- Provide evidence of category C NCEC and or category 1, 2, 3 or 4 Moveable Equipment (EC) NCEC to demonstrate ownership of the Offshore Containers and Baskets.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreement with names and addresses.
- State location of in-country facilities.
- In line with the NCD Human Capacity Development Initiative, Bidder shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing to providing project-specific training, man-hour, budget, skilled development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institute(s).
N/B: Bidder’s failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in bidder’s disqualification.
Only tenderers who are registered with the relevant product/service code as at 1600hrs on January 31, 2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit bids.
- Interested suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS.
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (iTT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
- This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- NNPC/MPN reserves the right to reject any and or all prequalified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
- Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel is up-to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database.
- MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
NCDMB Certification: ES/NCDMB/MPN-ADV/UPD/111121/Provision of Offshore Container and Basket.