The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in pursuance of its statutory functions and in compliance with Due Process requirements seeks to undertake the underlisted Insurance Policies.
To this end, the Commission invites:
(i) Only registered and reputable Insurance Underwriting and Brokerage Firms to Express interest to provide cover and to manage its various insurance policies either as Underwriters or Brokers respectively.
(ii) Competent and reputable firms of Chartered Accountants, Management Consultants and Estates Valuers to express interest and tender to provide the consultancy services as contained in schedule B below.
Description of Assignment
Classes of Insurance
1. Comprehensive Motor Vehicles Insurance.
Lot No Lot Description
A1.1: INEC Headquarters Vehicle fleet Comprehensive Motor Insurance Policy.
A1.2: INEC North East Zone Vehicle fleet comprehensive motor Insurance Policy.
A1.3: INEC North West Zone Vehicle fleet comprehensive motor Insurance Policy.
A1.4: INEC North Central Zone Vehicle fleet comprehensive motor Insurance Policy.
A1.5: INEC South East Zone Vehicle fleet comprehensive motor Insurance Policy.
A1.6: INEC South West Zone Vehicle fleet comprehensive motor Insurance Policy.
A1.7: INEC South South Zone Vehicle fleet comprehensive motor Insurance Policy.
2. INEC Career Officers Electoral Hazard Insurance
A2.1: INEC North East, North West, and North Central zones including FCT offices staff Electoral Hazard Insurance Policy.
A2.2: INEC Headquarters, South East, South West and South-South Zonal offices staff Electoral Hazard Insurance Policy.
3. Marine Hall Insurance for INEC Engine Boats.
A3.1: Marine Hall Insurance for INEC Engine Boats.
4. INEC Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance for office Buildings and their Content, and Commissioners quarters of more than two floor under construction.
A4.1: INEC Headquarters Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance.
A4.2: INEC North East Zone Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance.
A4.3: INEC North West Zone Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance.
A4.4: INEC North Central Zone Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance.
A4.5: INEC South East Zone Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance.
A4.6: INEC South West Zone Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance.
A4.7: INEC South-South Zone Property, Fire & Burglary Insurance.
5. INEC Computer-All-Risk Insurance for ICT Equipment/Facilities.
A5.1: INEC Headquarters ICT Equipment/Facilities Computer-All-Risk Policy.
A5.2: INEC North East ICT Equipment/Facilities Computer-All-Risk Policy.
A5.3: INEC North West Zone ICT Equipment/Facilities Computer-All-Risk Policy.
A5.4: INEC North Central Zone ICT Equipment/Facilities Computer-All-Risk Policy.
A5.5: INEC South East Zone ICT Equipment/Facilities Computer-All-Risk Policy.
A5.6: INEC South West Zone ICT Equipment/Facilities Computer-All-Risk Policy.
A5.7: INEC South-South Zone ICT Equipment/Facilities Computer-All-Risk Policy.
6. INEC Material-In-Transit Insurance.
A6.1: INEC Materials - In- Transit Insurance Policy.
Requirement for Expression of Interest
The Company’s Profiles highlighting the following:
2. In addition to the above, underwriters are also expected to submit the followings.
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- CTC of evidence of registration by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM).
- Audited Accounts for the immediate past three years.
- CTC of Tax Clearance Certificate or acceptable evidence of up-to-date payment of company tax for the last three years.
- Evidence of Returns i.e. an Update of Annual Returns to the Corporate Affairs Commission/NAICOM, and current licence by NAICOM.
- Evidence of Registration and remittance of both employer and employees Pension Contributions and other social security provisions on behalf of the employees of the company, such as Pension’s Certificate of compliance etc.
- Details of experiences and technical qualifications of key personnel.
- Evidence of Financial capacity and Banking Support.
- List of verifiable evidence of similar policies being managed.
- Evidence of VAT registration and remittance of all taxes.
- Evidence of payment of the N 10,000.00 (Ten thousand Naira) only non- refundable processing fee.
- Telephone (GSM) Numbers of the firm/consultants representatives.
- A statement of Declaration or Affidavit attesting to the fact that None of the companys or firms Directors/principal officers has ever been convicted for any criminal offences/Confirmation of Legal Capacity to enter contract.
- Evidence of Social Responsibility/Community Development and Local Content Policy compliance.
(i) Evidence of valid reinsurance treaty arrangements.
(ii) Identification of available extensions and exemptions
applicable to each cover.
3. In addition to (1) above, Broker are also expected to submit the following:
- Time within which the policy and all other documents evidencing the contract shall be issued.
- Claims reporting procedure and documentation in respect of each cover.
- Time limit within which claims shall be processed and paid.
- Guarantee/remedy against failure to settle claims as indicated.
- Other incidental services that shall be rendered to the Commission by the company under the contract of insurance.
- Any other submission that will attest to the company’s reputation and capability to efficiently handle and manage the covers it is expressing interest in.
- Evidence of Professional Indemnity Insurance cover from a duly registered insurance company.
- Evidence of current membership of the Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB).
- Evidence that at least a key Member of staff is an Associate Member of the (NCRIB).
- Any other submission that may assist the Commission in assessing the Broker’s capability to manage the insurance it is expressing interest in.
Nature of Consultancy
1. Special Audit and Recovery of Bank Excess charges, Wrong Debits, uncredited lodgement and under payment of interest income on INEC Operational/Dormant Accounts as well as Recovery of Trapped Bank Deposits.
Lot No Lot Description
B1.1: Special Audit and Recovery of Excess Bank charges, Wrong Debits, uncredited lodgement and under payment of interest income on INEC Operational Active/Dormant Bank Accounts.
B1.2: Special Audit and Recovery of Excess Bank Charges, Wrong Debits, Uncredited Lodgement and Under Payment of Interest Income on INEC Special Services Bank Accounts.
B1.3: Special Audit and Recovery of INEC Trapped Deposits in Banks.
2. Fixed Assets Inventory/Evaluation and development of Fixed Assets Register.
B2.1: Inventory and Evaluation of Motor vehicles office equipments office fittings and furnitures, plant and Machineries, ICT facilities and Equipment of the Commission nationwide,
B2.2: Inventory and evaluation of Land and Buildings to report on the valuation of Land separately from the Buildings.
B2.3 Development and set up of fixed Assets Register (Manual/Computerised) for the Commission wide offices and separate fixed registers for INEC Headquarters and each of the INEC States and FCT, Abuja offices.
B1. General Requirement:
The company/firms profile high lightings in details the following:
B2. The technical proposal
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission,
- Immediate past three years Audited Accounts of the firm/company.
- Immediate past three years tax clearance of either firms and/or the principal partners or proprietors.
- Evidence of financial capability and Banking support.
- Details of Experience/Technical qualification of key personnel.
- List and evidence of similar projects executed and knowledge of the industry.
- List and evidence of equipment and Technical capability to be utilized for the project.
- Evidence of VAT registration and remittance of all taxes, registration and remittances on contributory pension scheme, i.e. an up to date payment of both employers and employees’ contributions, and other social security provisions on behalf of the employees of the company such as Pencom compliance letter etc.
- Telephones (GSM) number(s) of the firms/consultants representatives.
- A statement of Declaration or Affidavit attesting to the fact that None of the company’s or firms Directors or Principal Officers has ever been convicted for criminal offences/Confirmation of Legal Capacity to enter contract.
- Evidence of Social Responsibility/Community Development and Local Content policy compliance.
The technical proposal should include:
B3. Financial Bid Requirements:
- The methodology to be adopted to achieved target objectives or term of reference for each lot of contract assignment applied for.
- Sample copies of reports and accreditation for similar assignment executed for organizations in the Nigerian Public Sector.
- Suggested improvement on the scope and terms of reference stated for each lot of contract assignment.
- Expected responsibilities and obligations of the Commission towards the execution of the bidded assignments.
- The duration for completion of the bidded assignment from the date of award of contract.
- Any other submission that will attest to the firm’s reputation, social responsibility, and capability to officially handle the consultancy assignments.
The financial cost proposal for the execution of each lot of the bidded assignment should state:
(i) The fees and reimbursable expenses proposed for the execution of the assignment.
(ii) The bid validity period for the proposed fees and expenses.
(iii)The payment plan and terms of payment for the assignment.
B4. Terms of Reference:
B4. Special Audit
B4.2 Fixed Assets Inventory
- Examine and review all credits and debits to bank statement on Commissions operational bank Accounts with a view to ascertaining their correctness and justification.
- Determine excess and improper charges on the Commission Bank Accounts, non-payment and under payment of interest on account.
- Prepare schedule of excess charges, wrong debits, uncredited lodgements non-payment and underpayment of interest income and to follow-up on the erring banks for such recovery to the Commission.
- Expose counterpart Commission staff on various verification/monitoring strategies to prevent future losses to the Commission by such lapses.
- Carry out such other assignment that may be considered incidental and expedient to the project.
- Take an inventory of all fixed Assets in the Commission offices nationwide.
- Evaluate the fixed Assets to ascertain physical conditions in relation to serviceability and obsolescence.
- Determine the monitary value of the Fixed Assets in line with Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAPs).
- Classified the Fixed Assets into appropriate categories in line with the Commissions Financial Statements structure.
- Generate a tabulation of the Commission Fixed Assets to serve as data for the Fixed Asset Registers for the various self Accounting Units of the Commission.
- Develop and set up the Fixed Assets Registers.
- Train Staff of the Commission on the Continuous up date and Maintenance of the Fixed Assets Registers.
- Carry out such other assignment that may be considered incidental and expedient to the project.
(i) All tender must be accompanied with a non-refundable processing fee of N 10,000.00 (Ten thousand Naira) only.
(ii) For additional Information, you may contact:
Director, Finance & Accounts for Category A
Director, Internal Audit for Category B
(iii) The closing date for submission of the Tender shall be 6 weeks with effect from 5th October 2012 to 19th November 2012 at 12.00nnon.
(iv) The technical bid opening ceremony will be taking place same date (19w November 2012) from 12.05pm. All bidders are invited to witness the Technical Bid Opening accordingly.
(vi) Only firms that technically responsive will be contacted after evaluation of technical bid and invited for opening of financial bid and further discussion.
All submission from bidders should be made as follows:
- Two copies of neatly bound expression of interest bid are to be submitted in an envelope marked at its top: “Insurance or Consultancy assignments” (Indicating the Lot No applied for).
- Two copies of neatly bound financial proposal in another envelope marked at its top: “Consultancy assignments Financial Bid” (Indicating the Lot No applied for) to be deposited in the Commission’s Tamper Proof Bids box designated for Insurance or Consultancy assignment.
- The name and address of bidders should be clearly printed at the sender’s address side of the proposal envelopes.
- All envelopes should be sealed, addressed and submitted to:
Plot 436, Zambezi Crescent,
Maitama A5.PMB 0184