The Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) invites prospective bidders / qualified contractors to indicate interest by submitting tender and pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Nigeria Maritime University (NMU), founded in 2012, Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenghigho is a non-profit public higher education institution located in Okerenghigho, Delta state.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender
The Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State is desirous of awarding contracts for Procurement, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of 60 Nr 3-in-1 High Quality Student Lecture Desks.
Scope of Supplies
- Lot 1: Procurement, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of 60 Nr 3-in-1 High Quality Student Lecture Desks.
Prospective bidders should submit the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31" December, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N10m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2018, 2019 & 2020.
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address.
- The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 14th February, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission 12:00 noon on Monday, 14 February, 2022 in the Committee Room of the University Hall, while the Financial bids will be kept un-opened.
N/B: Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register, as the University will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
The Tender documents are obtainable from the Office of the Director of Planning of the University between the hours of 8.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. daily upon the presentation of the evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the Nigeria Maritime University Okerenkoko's Remita account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for the Lot, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid'. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number) and addressed to:
Nigeria Maritime University,
Okerenkoko - Delta State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box not later than the above stated date.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- The University will deal only with authorised officers of the tendering companies and not through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.