The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invites interested and qualified consultant(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States to serve World War II survivors in Europe. Since then, we have expanded in size to reach more than 130 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents.
For over 75 years, our mission has been to assist impoverished and disadvantaged people overseas, working in the spirit of Catholic social teaching to promote the sacredness of human life and the dignity of the human person. Although our mission is rooted in the Catholic faith, our operations serve people based solely on need, regardless of their race, religion or ethnicity. Within the United States, CRS engages Catholics to live their faith in solidarity with the poor and suffering people of the world.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Youth Workforce Development Framework
As part of Vision 2030, CRS aims to scale youth livelihoods and leadership. Our vision is to transform employment and entrepreneurship systems to be more responsive to the needs of young people, thereby resulting in sustained impact on the lives and livelihoods of 5 million opportunity youth.
We will accomplish this through a three-pronged strategy of building platforms for dignified employment and entrepreneurship with governments, private sector, civil society and youth; integrating youth approaches and models into our strategic platforms; and advancing innovative financing and business models to expand livelihoods opportunities for young people. Promoting youth workforce development (YWFD) is a critical aspect of our strategy and we seek to strengthen our approaches to designing and implementing YWFD programming.
Develop a framework for YWFD that illustrates CRS approach for designing and implementing programming that increases young people’s opportunities for employment and workplace success. The framework should represent key components for holistic and scalable YWFD programming and reflect best practice and evidence from thought leaders and researchers in the global youth development sector. The framework should also build on the CRS framework for youth engagement and on Positive Youth Development, a programmatic approach that engages youth along with their families, communities, and governments so they can reach their full potential.
Scope of Work
- Review existing resources related to YWFD, CRS’ youth engagement framework, and frameworks from relevant CRS units, as well as from global thought leaders in youth employment and YWFD.
- Develop a list of the key components of the proposed YWFD framework.
- Develop the framework for CRS’ approach for YWFD, including a visual aid that represents the approach and a document not to exceed 10 pages that includes CRS’ approach to YWFD and a detailed description of the components of the framework.
The ideal consultant will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in international development, economic development, youth development, education, public administration, business or a related area
- Deep and broad familiarity with effective approaches and best practices for youth workforce development (YWFD), particularly for Opportunity Youth – defined as young people between the ages of 15 and 29 who are neither enrolled in school nor participating in the labor market.
- Understanding of policy trends, donor institutions, and international development organizations related to YWFD.
- Familiarity with private sector engagement and positive youth development, particularly how to apply these approaches in YWFD programs.
- Demonstrated experience with capacity strengthening of youth-serving organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with the development of strategies or frameworks for YWFD.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills for producing high quality, practical tools and reports.
- Strong skills for coordination and collaboration, as well as ability to adhere to deadlines and work remotely.
- Familiarity with CRS a plus.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Consultants interested in being considered for this consultancy should submit RPF documents to Jasmine Ferrell via email at: email@example.com
For more clarification on this RFP, please Click Here