The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) invites interested consultant(s) to indicate interest by tendering applications for the following works:
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making alliance of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The alliance was birthed in November 2013 at Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria and formally inaugurated on the 7th of August, 2014.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Consultant to Develop CS-SUNN Business Case and a Five Year Strategic Plan 2022 - 2026
Purpose of Consultancy
CS-SUNN is an alliance of civil society organizations a part of the SUN Movement, which works together with people from governments, civil society, the United Nations, donors, businesses and researchers in a collective effort to improve nutrition. CS-SUNN was established in the second half of 2013 by eleven Non-State actors who came together to start the SUN Civil Society Alliance in Nigeria with guidance from CSN. It has since then grown in strength and number, advancing the course of improving Nigerian nutrition response as enshrined its mandate.
Over the last 5years, the alliance’s activities have been implemented as provided by its strategic plan (2017 -2022), developed in line with the Nigerian vision of ‘A country where every citizen is food and is nutrition secured’. It has steadily achieved its vision by mobilizing Non-State Actors to advocate, generate evidence, build capacity and stimulate communities to scale up nutrition in Nigeria through the strategic focus of Partnership, Advocacy, Capacity Building, Evidence generation, Institutionalization and service delivery. It has also developed the logical framework/monitoring and evaluation indicators to monitor its activities, which will all expire by the end of 2022. To this end, it is important to review the alliance’s outgoing strategy in line with the emerging context and developing realities of the time.
Therefore, upon the above background, the Steering Committee of the alliance has set the motion to facilitate the reviewing and develop a new strategic plan 2022 - 2026.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The overall objective of this consultancy is to:
- Develop a Business Case for CS-SUNN
- Review and develop a new (5-year) Strategic Plan for the period 2022 - 2026, which will ensure the alliance continually attain its vision in line with the emerging realities of Nigeria and keeping members of the coalition working towards the same strategic goal.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant/Facilitator will include but is not limited to:
- Familiarization with the history, review of the vision, mission and goal of the alliance
- Engaging relevant stakeholders in the process of developing the business case for the alliance and reviewing the five-year strategic plan.
- Harmonizing the reviewed strategic focus in line with the SUN/CSN strategy 3.0 and all the networks
- Answering questions like; as nutrition gains the attention of policymakers, how do we sustain nutrition investment as a front-burner issue despite daunting challenges like insecurity, food and nutrition crisis, and other contending priorities like COVID-19 (disease conditions)?
- The contribution of CS-SUNN in improving Nigerian Nutrition investment towards improved nutrition-sensitive social protection, HCD and attainment of the SDGs and WHA targets in the last 5years; how can CS-SUNN get better?.
Skills and Knowledge of Consultant
Required expertise and experience include:
- Excellent English writing skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and compellingly.
- Relevant experience developing and writing a business case, strategic plans or similar such documents
- Possess significant knowledge of public health-nutrition, especially development issues and priorities.
- Preferable: prior experience working on nutrition and developed business cases/strategic plans for a large NGO or multilateral organization.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
For more clarification's on this document, please Click Here