CLEEN Foundation invites credible / interested research firm(s) to indicate interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
CLEEN Foundation ("CLEEN") (formerly known as Centre for Law Enforcement Education) is a non - governmental organization established in January 1998 with the mission of promoting public safety, security, and accessible justice through the strategies of empirical research, legislative advocacy, demonstration programmes and publications, in partnership with government, civil society and the private sector.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) from Prospective Vendors to Carry out Perception Survey on Police Reform in Nigeria
Primarily, this project is designed to address the persistent problem of brutality and human rights violations by the police and to contribute to police reform efforts in Nigeria. Globally, police institutions have come under scrutiny and concerns about the delivery of their mandate, especially on the issue of extrajudicial killings and the use of force beyond permissible levels by police officers across the globe. The recent public outcry in the United States of America following the heart-wrenching killing of a black African- American known as George Floyd sparked a reaction by the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement in the United States and across the world in solidarity for the urgency to restrain the powers of the police.
The killing of George Floyd has followed a pattern of racially motivated police brutality against unarmed black males in the US. From George Floyd, the killings seem to have continued unabated. Back in Nigeria, there has been persistent clamour against brutality by personnel of the Nigerian Police.
The defunct F-SARS unit which was originally set up within the Police to address violent crimes and criminality deviated from their call to high levels of extortion, violence against young men and outright extra-judicial killings. The detestable activities of the defunct F-SARS operatives led to the 'ENDSARS' campaign against police brutality and a national call to disband the unit late 2020. The protests were precipitated by years of bottled-up citizens' anger on police high-handedness, extortion, professional misconduct, especially by the operatives of the defunct FSARS unit. These cumulatively showed a need to address the global policing culture towards the people and to address police reforms aimed at re-professionalization of police. The government was forced to take some drastic measures aimed at addressing concerns raised by the protesters and to promoting police reform in the country.
CLEEN Foundation is therefore interested in exploring the perception of Nigerians on policing and respect for human rights in the country especially after the ENDSARS protest and the eradication of the F-SARS unit by the Federal Government. This expression is to engage a credible research firm to collect data for CLEEN Foundation nationwide.
Provide reliable and credible data on citizens' perception of police reform in Nigeria especially after efforts by the government to address concerns emanating from police brutality in the country. In view of the above, applications are invited from suitably qualified research organizations to conduct this vital perception survey across the country.
- Applicant must have a registered company with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Applicant must have his or her company's most recent Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Applicant must be extremely knowledgeable about research methodology and validation exercise and in addition must have reliable field workers across the states of the Federation.
The contractor would be responsible to:
- Contribute to the research tool development and participate at the review/validation workshop in Abuja
- Conduct the survey to generate credible and reliable data on the administration of criminal justice in Nigeria
- Prepare and submit detailed methodology report for the survey
- Carry out the field work in the project locations as stated above
- Produce and submit the electronic data file in SPSS
- Present the data in graphs, charts and tables as instructed by CLEEN Foundation
Expected deliverables are:
- Pre-test results and recommendations for changes in questionnaire
- Sample design and approach used to select respondents
- Coding scheme (based on question numbers and skips and filter instructions in questionnaire), including codes for open ended questions
- Electronic data file in SPSS format for the survey
- Detailed methodological reports for the survey
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested and qualified individuals should submit their proposals, detailing relevant experience and skills described above to: email@example.com
For more clarifications on this EOI, please Click Here