Palladium Group invites interested eligible organizations to indicate interest by submitting applications for the following works:
Palladium is a leading implementer of international development programs. Working in over 90 countries and across a broad range of sectors, we offer donor agencies a balance of global scale and in-house technical expertise. Aid is a critical component of our shared pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals, and we bring our knowledge of the private sector to bear in designing solutions that use aid to spark lasting social and economic development.
Palladium works with governments around the world to make transformational change possible across regions and countries. We combine the rigour of private sector strategy execution with our deep understanding of development fundamentals to create more efficient governments and lasting social progress.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Application (RFA) - Increasing Access to and Utilization of Quality Child Health and Family Planning Services through Capacity Enhancement of PPMVs and Community Pharmacists in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States under the "USAID Integrated Health Program"
USAID's Integrated Health Program (IHP) invites qualified local entities, Nigerian Non-governmental Organizations (For Profit and Not-for-Profit), non-governmental professional associations, training institutions and other qualified organizations to submit concept notes and full applications (if shortlisted) with respect to technical, managerial, and other aspects of the program described below
IHP is seeking interested eligible organizations that have interest in aligning with Nigeria's Task shifting and Task-sharing Policy to train Patent Proprietary Medicine Vendors (PPMVs) and Community Pharmacists (CPs) on timely identification and management of uncomplicated common childhood illnesses (malaria, pneumonia, diarrhea, nutrition screening), improving access to family planning services and products and referral of pregnant women/newborns and severely ill patients to health facilities.
Scope of Work
- IHP-TO03-2022-RFA006: Increasing Access to and Utilization of Quality Child Health and Family Planning Services through Capacity Enhancement of Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendors and Community Pharmacists in Bauchi State.
- IHP-T004-2022-RFA006. Increasing Access to and Utilization of Quality Child Health and Family Planning Services through Capacity Enhancement of Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendors and Community Pharmacists in Kebbi State.
- iHP-TO05-2022-RFA006. Increasing Access to and Utilization of Quality Child Health and Family Planning Services through Capacity Enhancement of Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendors and Community Pharmacists in Sokoto State.
Goals and Objectives
Using an offsite clustered training approach through Fixed Amount Awards (Grants Under Contract funding mechanism) the awardee will:
- Strengthen the capacity of PPMVs and CPs on prompt identification, classification, and treatment of uncomplicated common childhood illnesses such as malaria, pneumonia diarrhea, and making referrals.
- Improve the skills of PPMVs and CPs on their roles and scope in providing family planning services including inform, screen, refill/initiate, and refer clients.
- Improve their skills on nutrition assessment and counseling, including exclusive breastfeeding, complementary feeding, good hygiene practices, identifying signs and symptoms of malnutrition and prompt referrals.
- Build the capacity of PPMVs and CPs on service delivery data documentation and record-keeping using the Community Health Management Information System (CHMIS) 5. Provide post-training supportive supervision and mentoring using the hub and spoke supervisory model to reinforce knowledge and skills.
- Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN) will carry out a training of trainers to standardize competencies of the trainers prior to the stepped-down training of the PPMVs and CPs. The grantee will be responsible for the logistics for the ToT and all step-down and mentoring activities
- Period of Performance of Grant Under Contract Approximately March 1, 2022 - September 30, 2022 (must be fully completed no later than September 30,2022).
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Please send your completed documents in PDF form as a single file to: IHP.Grants@ihp-nigeria.com
referencing the RFA number or numbers on the subject of your email.
- The document should not be more than 10MB in size.
- Sometimes electronic submissions are affected by internet challenges and IT issues as a result, organizations are advised to plan and ensure submissions are made before the deadline.
- IHP will not be held liable if electronic submissions are not delivered or have other challenges that may render it not readable.
- Issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award commitment nor does it commit Palladium to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission
- Submit a letter indicating interest in applying for any of the Task Orders (Tos). If applying for multiple states, separate submissions is required for each state submission.
- When applying for more than one state, submit full package of all the requirement for each state.
- Provide evidence of eligibility as per the requirements.
- Other consideration to note while submitting the Concept note:
- All short-listed organizations will be invited to submit a full application,
This submission of concept note closes on January 28, 2022 by 5:30pm local time.
to access the full guide, RFA, Templates and Instructions for submitting the Concept note.