Sightsavers Nigeria invites interested and eligible organizations to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Sightsavers is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners in developing countries to treat and prevent avoidable blindness, and promote equality for people with visual impairments and other disabilities.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Behaviour Change in Jigawa, Kastina, Sokoto and Yobe State
The purpose of this initiative is to strengthen state, local government, and community level capacity for promoting and sustaining healthy hygiene and sanitation behaviours in support of NTD elimination and control programs with an emphasis on face-washing and functional use of latrines in support of trachoma elimination.
The Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) has identified a suite of behaviour change interventions that can be delivered to promote healthy hygiene and sanitation practices amongst at risk populations in in support of trachoma elimination and other NTD control programs. These interventions will be implemented in eighteen (18) trachoma endemic local government areas (LGA's) across 4 states - Jigawa (2), Katsina (2), Sokoto (2), and Yobe (12) states.
Start Date: 1 February 2022
End Date: 31 March 2023
Role of Implementing Partner(s)
Selected partners should have an in-depth understanding of and experience working within existing sectoral systems, structures, and delivery channels in each of the states and LGAs including understanding of community social structure. The implementing partners (IP) will be responsible for:
- Backstopping intervention delivery.
- Strengthening capacity of Sightsavers staff to deliver social behavioural change interventions integrated with NTD service delivery and hygiene promotion activities on the following:
- Community Social Mobilization,
- Mass Media campaign
- School based Social Behaviour Change communication (SBCC) interventions
- Strengthening selected states and local government areas (LGA) level ministry and community capacity for intervention delivery.
- Monitoring intervention delivery to inform possible adaptations to content and/or delivery channels.
Recommended Suite of Behavioral Change and Communication (BCC) Interventions
- Imams of tomorrow.
- Clean, Beautiful & Strong: Face & Hand hygiene (Beauty messaging).
- Upgrade your life.
- Qazami tales
Interested organizations must select from this suite of FMOH-recommended behaviour change interventions and may apply for one or more states. More detailed information regarding each intervention to be provided on submission of proposals.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2022.
- Proposal format.
- Budget template,
- NTD prevalence sheet
- Implementation guides for the recommended BCC interventions.
N/B: All documents must be requested, completed, and sent back not later than the above stated date.