The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested and qualified consultant to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Engagement of Consultants to Conduct a Staff Audit, Skill Appraisal and Gap Analysis and Develop TSTS Training Plan in 3 States
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites proposals for consulting services for the following assignment: of Consultants to conduct a staff audit, skill appraisal and gap analysis and develop TSTS Training Plan in 3 states. The purpose of this consultancy is to support Cross River, Jigawa and Nasarawa states to conduct a staff audit, skill appraisal and gap analysis.
The expectation is that the exercise will identify gaps in the required number of human resource for health (HRH) and skill set at the primary health care level. This information will guide the development of recommendation to policy makers and the development of a training plan to address the gaps identified in the required skills set in the delivery of essential PHC services.
Scope of Work
The staff audit, skill appraisal, and gap analysis will take place in 5 LGAs in each of the states of Cross River, Jigawa and Nasarawa. In each of the LGA, data will be collected from all health workers on the payroll in all the Primary Health Care Centres. Twenty (20) officers selected by a committee will collect data from the health workers across the five (5) LGAs in each of the states of Cross River, Jigawa and Nasarawa. Four (4) officers will work in each of the five (5) LGAs and they will spend four (4) days to collect all required data.
The consultant is expected to be fully independent while discharging his/her contractual obligations in accordance with the terms of reference (ToR) and s/he is also expected to provide the highest quality technical assistance to the SPHCDA on the following:
- Development of data collection tool for HRH profile, skill appraisal
- Collection of data
- Data entry
The consultant will be solely responsible for:
- Analysis of the collected data
- Skill gap analysis
- Report writing
- Development of a training plan to address the gap in skill.
Required Qualification /Experience
- Advanced degree in public health, health economics, policy, or health financing
- At least 5 years of relevant experience designing and implementing PHC programs. Experience with Human Resource for Health (HRH) programming, design and implementation is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of PHC service delivery and the situation of HRH in Nigeria
- Good Knowledge of existing HRH policies and guidelines in Nigeria
- Must have skills in Monitoring and Evaluation, data management and analytics
- Experience in and access data collection and analysis software
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian health sector
- Excellent, verbal communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Excellent reporting stills, evidence from national, state and/or international experience in skills appraisal, gap analysis and trainings plan design and development.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Wednesday, 26th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal.
The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner "Consultants to conduct a staff audit, skill appraisal and gap analysis and develop TSTS Training Plan in 3 states" and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope and registration of the bids at Procurement office at the:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
(PDF) for more clarifications on this RFP.