The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) invited interested and qualified consultant(s) to tender applications for the following works:
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Consultant - For Update / Review and Airing of Lagos State COVID-19 Jingles / Skits / Animations
The Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA) Project is currently being implemented in ten (10) Local Government Areas in Lagos State by the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) with support from USAID, and working in partnership with FHI 360 and Project HOPE through ten (10) Community Based Organizations (CBOs) providing quality care, treatment and support to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in the State. The project is focused on providing comprehensive health and social services to OVC and their families across the 11 project LGAs.
In line with the approved project activities, ICHSSA 2 Project will support the Lagos State COVID-19 Response team to review/ update/ develop and air its jingles/skits/animations to effectively address misconceptions about COVID-19 transmission and vaccine. Evidence has showed that providing factual information using Jingles/skits/animations has been able to influence behavioral change about COVID-19 among community members. The jungles, skits and animations will target the general population to bring about positive behavioral change among residents of Lagos State.
- This Consultancy Scope of Work (SOW) describes the work to be done in relation to the review, update, development and airing of the jingles/skits/animations to effectively address misconceptions about COVID-19 transmission and vaccine.
The specific tasks include:
- Update/review/develop new entertaining and educative COVID-19 jingles/skits/animations in different languages to inform or correct misconceptions about COVID-19.
- Identify and map out media Outfits with wide reaching influence in Lagos State.
- Facilitate the airing of the jingles/skits/animations across appropriate media channels (TV, Radio, Social media, etc).
Description of Work
The consultant will be responsible for completing the activities and deliverables as follows:
- Update/review/develop new entertaining and educative COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations in different languages to inform or correct misconceptions about COVID-19.
- Identify and map out media outfits with wide reaching influence in Lagos State
- Facilitate and monitor the airing of the COVID-19 jingles/skits/animations across media outfits to reach wider audience.
Daily Rate and Payment:
- Daily rate will be based on negotiated rates.
Supervision, Work Relations and Oversight:
- The consultant will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, ICHSSA 2 project for direct supervision with support from the Knowledge and Communications Officer.
- He / She will work in close collaboration with the Lagos State COVID-19 Social Mobilization Team as well as the COVID-19 Response Team.
- The consultant should be able to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion and is ultimately accountable to the Management of the ICHSSA 2 Project.
|Critical Milestones and Deliverables
||Number of Days
|Participate in an entry meeting with the ICHSSA 2 Project team.
|Facilitate a one-day meeting with the Social Mobilization Team of the COVID-19 Response Team in Lagos.
|Update / review / develop new entertaining and educative COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations in different languages to inform or correct misconceptions about COVID-19.
|Facilitate a one (1) day meeting with ICHSSA 2 team and the COVID-19 Response team to share draft COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations in different languages.
|Update COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations in different languages in line with inputs from ICHSSA 2 Team and the COVID-19 Response team.
|Identify and map out media outfits with wide reaching influence in Lagos State and share list with ICHSSA 2 team.
|Submit a comprehensive report of the consultancy period to the management of ICHSSA 2 Project
- Finalized and approved entertaining and educative COVID-19 jingles, skits, animations in 5 different languages (English, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Pidgin).
- List of Media Outfits with wide reaching influence in Lagos State.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Communication, Journalism, Marketing or Social Sciences.
- At least 7 years’ experience of producing jingles/skits/animations
- Have experience working with Lagos State Ministry of Health or COVID-19 Response Team
- Should be proficient in English writing and communication including local languages for the diverse population- LGA/community (Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, English and pidgin)
- Must present past works of jingles/skits/animations produced.
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here
to apply online and Send a suitability statement (Application), Resume (CV) and links to previous works as a single MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org