The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) invites suitably-qualified firms and/or consultants to submit RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) for the Provision of Video and Photography Services for Cities Alliance Migration Programme
The Cities Alliance Cities and Migration Programme is concluding the implementation of Phase I (2018-2021). Phase I of the Cities and Migration Programme aimed to enable partner cities, local governments, host communities and migrants to manage challenges and leverage opportunities arising from migration to cities for sustainable and inclusive development. The focus areas covered local migration governance, social cohesion and integration, labour migration, and forced migration, in secondary cities. Part of achieving these objectives meant countering a negative narrative on migration while serving as a local, national, and international coordination platform, knowledge hub, and think tank for advocating new thinking. The Programme is funded by the Swiss Agency for Cooperation and Development (SDC).
Cities Alliance is seeking proposals from suitably-qualified firms and/or consultants for provision of a range of video and photography production to document the progress, results and lessons from Phase I of the Cities and Migration Programme.
The assignment involves extensive travel to remote areas in the Horn of Africa (3-4 weeks) from February to March 2022.
Scope of Work
- Lot 1: Video documentation and photography on 7 partner cities in the Horn of Africa
- Lot 2: Video production on knowledge products
- Lot 3: Interview recordings and photography during the Programme event in Kampala, March 2022
- Lot 4: Up to five additional short videos based on collected footage
Work required may include, but may not be limited to:
- All video logging and assembly (includes but not limited to video recordings obtained from Cities Alliance)
- Advise on technical parameters (e.g. content production workflow and methodology; type of final output format), to ensure fitness for purpose.
- Shooting and editing traditional video on-location at the Cities Alliance partner cities, or elsewhere based on approved storyboards.
- Post-production work, e.g. commissioning voiceover narration and music if required, adding title sequence, visual effects, subtitles etc.
- Configuration of videos for use on different platforms (eg. Cities Alliance website, YouTube, social media, etc.)
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2022.
Interested vendors must respond to this tender using the UNOPS eSourcing system, via the UNGM portal. In order to access the full UNOPS tender details, request clarifications on the tender, and submit a vendor response to a tender using the system, vendors need to be registered as a UNOPS vendor at the UNGM portal and be logged into UNGM.
For guidance on how to register on UNGM and submit responses to UNOPS tenders in the UNOPS eSourcing system, please refer to the user guide and other resources available at: https://esourcing.unops.org/#/Help/Guides
Interested in improving your knowledge of what UNOPS procures, how we procure and how to become a vendor to supply to our organization? Learn more about our free online course on "Doing business with UNOPS" here
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFQ.