The United Nations Secretariat invites qualified and reputable contractors / insurance companies to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly; the Security Council; the Economic and Social Council; the defunct Trusteeship Council; and the International Court of Justice. The Secretariat is the United Nation's executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Provision of Personal Insurance Coverage for UN experts and OCHA Support Partners on mission
The United Nations Disaster Assessment and Coordination (UNDAC) team together with OCHA’s Operational Partners and the Joint Environmental experts are part of the international emergency response system for sudden-onset emergencies. The Emergency Response Section (ERS) in the Response Support Branch of OCHA Geneva oversees and manages the rosters and follows-up on the necessary trainings of all the before mentioned groups.
The systems are designed to assist the United Nations and disaster-affected governments in meeting international needs for early and qualified information during the first phase of a sudden-onset emergencies, as well as in the coordination of incoming international relief at national level and/or at the site of the emergency. The experts are capable of deploying at a very short notice (24-48 hours) anywhere in the world.
The UNDAC system comprises three regional teams: Africa-Middle East-Europe; the Americas and Caribbean; and Asia and the Pacific. Some regional teams are divided further into sub-regions.
OCHA seeks to provide minimum personal insurance coverage for 300 deployed members (tentative number) in view of ensuring a minimum common treatment of all experts and support partners who are deployed on missions on behalf of OCHA.
OCHA seeks to obtain quotations for all deployed UN experts and partners, ensuring that they are well covered in terms of medical, life and third-party liability insurance and medical evacuation while they are deployed for emergencies upon a formal request from OCHA, for emergencies, training's, meetings and exercises for OCHA Emergency Response Section (ERS).
Specific Requirements / Information (If Any)
- Personal accident and illness insurance should cover damage to health caused during the OCHA emergency response mission and any damage to health caused in the exercise of their functions on mission by accidents, illness; permanent disablement's; compensations for temporarily or totally disabled; hospital daily compensations; medical expenses.
- Loss of earning insurance in case of hospitalization for a maximum period of 90 days (indemnity amount: US$ 100/day)
- Life insurance: standard Swiss coverage
- Third party liability: standard Swiss coverage
- Suitability of Medical Equipment on Board for Aeromedevac Services
- The insurance company should apply Lloyd’s minimum standards for insurance
- The company should use Licensed Aeromedevac Operator(s), certified by International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), International Air Transport Association (IATA) AND Air Operations Certification (AOC)
- The air company must be able to provide 24 hours/7 days service
- The company must have representatives or partners at regional and/or country levels (lists to be provided) with ability to provide 24 hours/7 days services at global level.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors/organisations who wish to participate in the EOI process should please Click Here
- Companies can only participate in solicitations of the UN Secretariat after completing their registration (free of charge) at the United Nations Global Marketplace (www.ungm.org).
- As you express interest in the planned solicitation by submitting this response form, please verify that your company is registered under its full legal name on the United Nations Global Marketplace (www.ungm.org) and that your application has been submitted to the UN Secretariat.
- While companies can participate in solicitations after completion of registration at Basic Level, we strongly recommend all companies to register at least at Level 1 under the United Nations Secretariat prior to participating in any solicitations.
In case you have difficulties submitting your interest electronically, please contact email@example.com
directly for instructions.
For more clarifications on this EOI, please Click Here