Palladium invites interested / qualified local entities, Nigerian Non-governmental Organizations to tender applications for the following works:
Palladium is a leading implementer of international development programs. Working in over 90 countries and across a broad range of sectors, we offer donor agencies a balance of global scale and in-house technical expertise. Aid is a critical component of our shared pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals, and we bring our knowledge of the private sector to bear in designing solutions that use aid to spark lasting social and economic development.
Palladium works with governments around the world to make transformational change possible across regions and countries. We combine the rigour of private sector strategy execution with our deep understanding of development fundamentals to create more efficient governments and lasting social progress.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Application (RFA) - To Expand the Health Insurance Coverage to the Informal Sector and Achieve Progress Towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in Ebonyi, Bauchi, Sokoto and Federal Capital Territory (FCT)under the "USAID integrated Health Program"
USAID’s Integrated Health Program (IHP) invites qualified local entities, Nigerian Non-governmental Organizations (For-Profit and Not-for-Profit), non-governmental professional associations, training institutions and other qualified organizations to submit concept notes and full applications(if shortlisted) with respect to technical, managerial, and other aspects of the program described below.
IHP is seeking interested eligible organizations that have interest to expand the health insurance coverage to the informal sector and achieve progress towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and to specifically address the low public awareness and enrollment of the people in the informal sector, IHP is seeking the services of a Grant Under Contract (GUC) to support the State Contributory Schemes- SCHS in their efforts to expand the informal sector enrollment including collaboration with the Third-Party Administrators (TPAs) such as Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) in developing and implementing strategies that will accelerate the participation of the informal sector groups in the SCHS and to ensure sustainability after the end of the GUC period.
Through the GUC, the prospective awardee will implement innovative mechanisms to expand the informal sector enrollment, for instance, through marketing, behavior change communication, and the physical enrollment of informal sector individuals and their families in support of the state health insurance agency to attain state coverage targets. The GUC will also help strengthen the capacity of the agencies in clients’ registration, premium collection including Produce conversion, Seasonal collection, Product Layered contribution, and Installment Payment. The GUC will support the agencies in identifying and establishing collaborations with the relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MOAS) of the state Governments and beneficiary groups in the informal sector that are critical to the successful Implementation of the financing mechanisms. The GUC will build the capacity of a dedicated marketing team of the SCHS and the TPAs such that they can effectively continue with the implementation of the informal sector roll-out and enrollment strategies after the conclusion of the IHP-supported technical assistance.
Scope of Work
Palladium’s Request for Applications (RFA) Numbers:
- lHP-TO03-2022-RFA007: Expanding the health insurance coverage to the informal sector and achieve progress towards UHC in Bauchi state
- IHP-TO05-2022-RFA007: Expanding the health insurance coverage to the informal sector and achieve progress towards UHC in Sokoto state
- IHP-TO06-2022-RFA006: Expanding the health insurance coverage to the informal sector and achieve progress towards UHC in Ebonyi state
- IHP-TO07-2022-RFA006: Expanding the health insurance coverage to the informal sector and achieve progress towards UHC in the FCT
Goals and Objectives
To expand the health insurance coverage to the informal sector and achieve progress towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in Ebonyi, Bauchi, Sokoto and Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Using locally proven approaches and interventions through a Fixed Amount Award (Grants Under Contract funding mechanism), the awardee will:
- Increase the number of informal sectors enrolees in the State Contributory Health Schemes,
- Implement a workable informal sector enrollment plan.
- Strengthen the capacity of the agencies on informal sector enrollment, marketing, and communication strategies.
- Strengthen the capacity of the agencies in client's registration, premium collection including seasonal collection, product layered contribution, and installment payment, etc.
N/B: Period of Performance of Grant Under Contract: Approximately March 1, 2022 - September 30, 2022(must be fully completed no later than September 30, 2022)
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Please send your completed documents in PDF form as a single file to: IHP.Grants@ihp-nigeria.com
referencing the RFA number or numbers on the subject of your email.
- The document should not be more than 10MB in size.
- Sometimes electronic submissions are affected by internet challenges and IT issues, as a result, organisations are advised to plan and ensure submissions are made before the deadline. IHP will not be held liable if electronic submissions are not delivered or have other challenges that may render it not readable.
- Submit a letter indicating interest in applying for any of the Task Orders (TOs). If applying for multiple states, separate submissions is required for each state submission.
- When applying for more than one state, submit full package of all the requirement for each state.
- Provide evidence of eligibility as per the requirements.
- Other consideration to note while submitting the Concept note:
- Only shortlisted organizations from the concept note stage will be invited to submit a full application.
- Their submission of concept note closes on February 3rd, 2022 by 5:30pm local time.
for the full guide, RFA, Templates and Instructions for submitting the Concept note.
N/B: Issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award commitment, nor does it commit Palladium to pay for costs incurred in the preparation arid submission.