The University of Ibadan invites interested and qualified auditing firms to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The University of Ibadan is a public research university in Ibadan, Nigeria. The university was founded in 1948 as University College Ibadan, one of many colleges within the University of London. It became an independent university in 1963 and is the oldest degree-awarding institution in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Expression of Interest to Appoint External Auditors to the University of Ibadan
The University of Ibadan hereby requests for Expression of Interest (EOI) from qualified Auditing Firms to be appointed as External Auditors.
Scope of Services
The Scope of Services include but not limited to the following:
- Review of Accounting System and Internal Controls in order to assess adequacy as a basis for the preparation of the financial statements.
- Review of Accounting Policies for appropriateness, consistency and adequate disclosure.
- Carry out Transaction Review of financial operation through tests and enquiries as deemed necessary for the purposes of the audit.
- Examine compliance with Public Procurement Act in the Procurement of Goods and Services.
- Express an opinion on the Audited Financial Statement.
- Prepare a Management Letter showing weaknesses in the Internal Control System and making necessary recommendations.
- Carry out any relevant task as may professionally be required to form audit opinion.
Requirements for Submission of Expression Interest:
- Interested Audit firms are required to submit applications, enclosing the following:
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Evidence of Registration with Office of the Auditor General for the Federation.
- Tax clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years expiring December 31 2022.
- Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Acts in accordance with Section 16(1) d of PPA 2007 in terms of current and valid PENCOM Certificate expiring 31 December 2022.
- Tax clearance Certificate for last the three (3) years expiring December 31st 2022.
- Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Acts in accordance with Section 16(1) d of PPA 2007 in terms of current and valid PENCOM Certificate expiring 31st December 2022.
- Evidence of ITF Contribution in compliance with Section 6(2) of the Industrial Training Fund Amended Act 2011.
- Company's Profile and List of names of Key personnel to be deployed for the service stating their designation qualifications and experience. Enclose photocopies of professional certificate of the firm and. its personnel and Curriculum Vitae (CV) WHERE applicable.
- Evidence of Registration with the National Data Base of Contractors, Consultant and Service Providers by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) in line with section 5(h) and 6(1) (f).
- Evidence of Cognate experience with reputable organization especially institutions of higher learning. Letter of award must be enclosed.
- Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years by a Chartered Accounting Firm (2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Bank reference letter from a reputable bank.
- Sworn affidavit in compliance with the provisions of Part IV section 16 sub-section (6)c, e and f) of the PPA 2007.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2022.
Submission of EOI
Interested Auditing Firms should submit their EOI with all relevant documents in a well-sealed envelope to the:
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan - Oyo State.
- The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of claim(s) made by interested firms and to reject any submission based on unverifiable information.
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited for further Tendering process.