The Niger Delta University invites Competent and reputable contractors to tender pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island was established by Law in 2000, with the Vision to be a Centre of Excellence defined by well-articulated programmes that will produce creative and innovative minds and with the Mission to thrive to maintain an international reputation for high quality scholarship, research and academic excellence for promotion of the mankind.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender for the Funding of Revitalization of Public Universities Under the Needs Assessment Intervention Fund
The project is the Procurement and installation of 500kva, 400 Volts, 50Hz Caterpillar Diesel Generator: sound proof type, 2021 Toyota coaster 30 seater 2.7 Litre petrol engine bus (Auto Transmission) and three in one seater padded classroom desk under the Federal Government Revitalization Funds for Public Universities.
Competent and reputable contractors are hereby invited to make submissions for pre-qualification and tender for the procurement and installation of 500kva, 400 Volts, 50Hz Caterpillar Diesel Generator: sound proof type, 2021 Toyota coaster 30 seater 2.7 Litre petrol engine bus (Auto Transmission) and three in one seater padded classroom desk funded by the Federal government Needs Assessment Funds and located at the main campus of the University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State.
Scope of Work/Supply
The scope of work consists of the following:
- Lot M1: Procurement and Installation of 500kva, 400 Volts, 50Hz Caterpillar Diesel Generator: Soundproof type
- Lot M2: Procurement of latest Coaster 30seater 2.7 Litre petrol engine bus (Auto Transmission) and Procurement of Three-in One Seater padded Classroom Desk.
All intending bidders must meet these minimum requirements:
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7
- Evidence of Company's current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2018, 2019 and 2020) valid till 31st December, 2021, with minimum average annual turnover of N10 million.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above)
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above)
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- A Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Niger Delta University or BPP is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- That no Director of the Company has been convicted of procurement fraud in any country;
- That the company does not at the time of this bid have any existing loan or financial liability with a bank, other financial institutions or third party that is classified as doubtful nonperforming, bad loans whose repayment portion has been outstanding for the last three months
- Unabridged Company Audited Report for the immediate past (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility to the tune of N10 million for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Tuesday, 1st March, 2022.
Opening of Bids
The Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission 12:00 noon Tuesday, 1st March, 2022 in the Vice Chancellor's Conference Room, Niger Delta University, while the Financial Bids will be kept un-opened.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Registrar's Office, as the (Niger Delta University) will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Bid Document
Interested and competent bidders are requested to collect bid documents from the office of the Physical Planning Officer, Niger Delta University between the hours of 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m., upon presentation of evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee (bank draft) of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid at the Bursary Department of the University. The drafts should be made payable to the Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State.
Submission of Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, the two sealed envelopes should be put together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked "Pre-qualification and Tender" at the top right corner, with the Name, Telephone Number and Mailing Address of the bidding entity indicated below and addressed to:
Niger Delta University,
Bayelsa - Delta State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder boldly written at the centre and delivered to the address indicated above.
- The University may verify any or all the claims made by applicants and shall disqualify any company whose claims are found to be false in addition to other sanctions that may be deemed necessary.
- Bidders who have worked for the University and have a history of poor performance, abandonment, termination and/or prolonged contract execution period need not apply.
- All submission pages must be duly initialed by the company.
- Non-compliance to the instructions will lead to disqualification.
- Submission must be made only in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- This Pre-qualification invitation shall not be construed to be commitment on the part of the University nor shall it entitle any Company to make any claims whatever and seek indemnity from the University, by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- Late submission will be returned un-opened.
- The Niger Delta University is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.