The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites interested / reputable contractors to indicate interest by tendering RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Perimeter Fence and Generator House at Health Clinic, Ngarannam - Mafa LGA, Borno State
Scope of Work
The scope of work consists of construction of perimeter fence around the allocated beaconed area of the clinic, construction of generator house within the premise of the health clinic, sandfilling the depressed area within the compound, laying of kerbstone and providing gravel bed as stipulated in the BoQ. The fence is planned to span a total linear meter of about 240meters with 2 gates (exit and entrance). The structural drawing provides further details of the structural members as provided in the BoQ.
The generator house is planned to house a 135 KVA generator. The generator shall be resting on a reinforced concrete plinth as provided in the structural detailed drawing. The entrance shall be metal grill material and 2 sides of the wall constructed with perforated decorative blocks to allow for ventilation.
for further details in the architectural and structural drawings (PDF).
- All works and processes shall be carried out using equipment, tools and methods that comply with applicable construction Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, standards, and policies. The use of PPE, safety caution tapes and symbols are mandatory. Safety first!!
- All excavations, demolition works, removal & arranged construction materials must be clearly encircled with safety caution tapes during works
- All excavations shall be done in accordance to the structural drawings provided
- Filling around foundations etc. is to be of selected earth obtained from the excavation and is to be filled in 150mm layers, each layer well rammed and consolidated
- All formation level must be compacted before concrete blinding as specified in the structural drawings
- All blockwork at substructure level shall be filled solid with concrete mix 1:3:6 while the use of broken blocks, laterite or mortar as a substitute shall not be accepted.
- Laterite shall be approved rock laterite or other suitable materials are to be free from dust or other foreign matter and broken to pass a 75mm ring and to be retained on a 50mm ring and deposited in layers not exceeding 150mm thick, each layer being well consolidated by rolling or ramming and well-watered.
- Hardcore is to be selected broken brick, concrete, sandcrete blocks or other clean hard and dry material.
- Provide damp-proof membrane not less than 0.3mm to cover the total surface of the foundation.
- Ordinary Portland cement shall be used for all masonry and concrete works and must be lump free
- Fine aggregates shall be sieved and free of organic matter and other impurities
- Well-graded crushed granite shall be used as coarse aggregate (20-25mm for reinforced concrete; 35-40mm for mass concrete)
- Water-Cement ratio by weight shall not exceed 0.55. The quantity of water used in the mixing of the concrete must be adequate to ensure proper hydration of the cement and to bring the mass to a proper consistency and to a workable mix. ETC.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (Renovation /Construction/Rehabilitation works).
- Evidence of Minimum 3 contracts of similar value, nature and complexity implemented over the last 3 years. One of the contracts must exceed NGN 30,000,000.
- Statement of Satisfactory Performance from the Top three (3) Clients in terms of Contract Value for similar assignments over the last 5 years.
- Please submit Latest Audited Financial Statement (Income Statement and Balance Sheet) including Auditor’s Report for the past three years [2018-2019-2020].
- Bidders having completed and certified Audited Financial Statements for 2020 can also submit to be considered for evaluation.
- Minimum annual average turnover of NGN 30,000,000 in any single year in the last 3 years.
Application Closing Date
16:00, 31st January, 2022.
Submission of Documents