The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested and reputable consultant(s) to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Engagement of Program Manager for NPSCMP
The Federal Ministry of Health through the National Product Supply Chain Management Programme (NPSCMP) of the department of Food and Drug Services in collaboration with implementing partners developed a National Health Products Supply Chain Strategy and Implementation Plan 2021-2025. Some of the aims of this strategic plan are to optimize the performance of NPSCMP, the change driver for the strategic plan, integrate management of essential medicines and public health commodities, increase ownership and capacity at state levels as well as performance improvement in all Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) areas.
NPSCMP is committed to optimizing health product supply chain services through strengthening capacities of every function area of the supply chain underpinned by a leadership that utilizes strategic information for learning and innovation. In collaboration with implementing partners, NPSCMP recently developed a National Health Products Supply Chain Strategy and Implementation Plan 2021-2025.
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites proposals for consulting services for the following assignment: Engagement of program manager for NPSCMP. The purpose of this assignment is as follows: NPSCMP is currently building up her technical capabilities for new roles as the change driver for the strategic plan and the integrated management of public health products and essential.
Goal and Objectives
NPSCMP is currently building up her technical capabilities for new roles as the change driver for the strategic plan and the integrated management of public health products and essential medicines. This will lead to increased government ownership and performance management of all supply chain functions. Therefore, NPSCMP is seeking to engage the services of Technical Assistants in:
- Program manager: who will work as a part of the NPSCMP human resource and build capacity of the staff to increase the national resource pool of experts in managing the transition to the integrated model.
Their services will be needed to strengthen the existing state health supply system and capacitate state supply chain experts until the new model that fosters the integration of supply chain systems within the state is achieved as prescribed in the national SMSS guidelines. He/she is expected to travel extensively within Nigeria or reside for a period within selected states and engage with relevant stakeholders. This engagement will be from February 2022 to December 2023.
The scope of work and expected outputs/deliverables will be the following:
- In collaboration with other partners mobilize resources and set-up to facilitate maturity of NPSCMP to effectively drive supply chain activities in-country
- He/she also brings in the expertise that complements the project implementation units in creating a nexus between the DRF, the warehouse upgrade and the implementation of the 5-year strategic plan.
- Lead and coordinate the assessment of the states using the DMA assessment model. In addition, work with the states, the consultants and the NPSCMP to recommend monthly intervention to growing the states DRF through the DMA maturity model into a best-in-class model.
- Co-ordinate and lead the team of 2 DRF consultants and a finance expert in the designing and institutionalization of State DRF models and ensure the integration of the public health and the essential commodities
- Support state to conduct a situation analysis of the state health supply system and develop strategies to address gaps
- In collaboration with stakeholders in the public and private sectors mobilize resources required to achieve the maturity of the state health supply system
- Demonstrate capacity to plan and organize work effectively, including support to design, planning and implementation of projects, management of data and reporting.
- Strong analytic skill and strategic thinking including a sound understanding of the framework of PSM and project management.
- Ability to use knowledge and reasoning to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions and approach to problem.
- Work in collaboration with the other members of the team and support the NPSCMP specifically on mainstreaming every operational efficiency of the program towards achieving organizational growth and goals, while providing strategic direction and support for the procurement and supply chain management (PSM); and strengthening activities of the NPSCMP.
- Coordinate and lead the development and Review of guidelines, SOP, manuals and other relevant documents for NPSCMP.
- Support and conduct training of national participants based on results of needs assessment
- Support states to set-up systems that will ensure compliance to standards in managing health commodities.
- Coordinate feedback to the GF/PR on any issues raised on implementation of activities
- Facilitation of meetings, workshops, seminars
- Submit periodic technical report to NPSCMP
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the National Coordinator, NPSCMP
Qualifications and Experience
The prospective candidate for this assignment shall possess shall possess the required minimum education:
- A university degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Bioscience/Sciences, Project management, Clinical Pharmacy, Health Economics or Management
- Master’s degree in Public health, Bioscience/Sciences, Project management or related field
- Requisite professional certification A minimum of Ten (10) years cognate experience in public and/or private sector including health organizations is highly desirable
- Significant experience / understanding in establishing DRF schemes or significant experience in operating, managing and evaluating DRF schemes in Nigeria or other subSaharan African countries
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional level experience in Health Logistics, Hospital Pharmacy practice, Medication management
- Knowledge of the major issues affecting health products supply chain management and financing in Nigeria
- Good experience in strategic planning, operations management, organizational and change management, policy formulation and development are required
- Experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs
- In-depth knowledge of Nigeria health system with emphasis on Essential Medicines Management, supply chain systems, National Drug Policy, public health etc.
- Competence in Logistics system design
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix management / project management environment
- Experience in the development of national tools and documents
- Experience of working on donor funded projects = Global Fund, PEPFAR etc.
- High proficiency in IT
- At least 7 years of experience in supply chain project management
- Past experiences in similar assignment
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Friday, 4th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner "Project Manager for NPSCMP" and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
for a detailed description of the RFP (PDF).