The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) invites interested and qualified technical expert(s) to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights and provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide. NRC has been operating in Nigeria since late 2015 providing assistance with Emergency shelter, Livelihoods and Food Security, Water, sanitation and hygiene sectors, Information and Legal Counselling and Education.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposals (RFP) - Development of NRC’s Risk and Compliance Digital Monitoring Platform
NRC is currently developing a Risk and Compliance (R&C) assurance system. This system should bring together a list of procedures, data elements contained in different digital applications, management activities and digital reporting tools, to support management in their risk management and compliance assurance responsibilities.
One of the main components of this system will be the R&C Monitoring Platform (platform from here onwards) which is envisaged as a digital solution that will allow management at all levels of the organisation, interacting with the information resources and digital applications of NRC's R&C assurance system. Information resources include:
- Information recorded in risk registers.
- Status of key controls and their corresponding compliance scores.
- Issues related to the implementation of key controls status of actions to address them.
The platform will make use of and connect different data sources stored in existing enterprise digital systems to establish and visualise the status of risks recorded in risk registers and key controls at different levels of the organisation at certain point in time.
The platform will also make available two reporting applications: i) A compliance reporting application that relevant staff will use to report the outcomes of compliance verification assessments (compliance scores and other information) and, ii) An issues log that will allow management to raise and record issues related to recorded risks and the implementation and effectiveness of key controls.
The main purpose of this consultancy is to design, develop, test and deliver a working version of the R&C Monitoring Platform in close collaboration with NRC staff developing the R&C assurance system.
Concrete activities include (not exhaustive list):
- Design and develop the platform’s data model (connections with data sources)
- Design and develop the platform’s interfaces
- Design and develop Power BI elements to allow visualising the information from risk registers, key controls status and compliance scores and issues regarding risks and compliance from all NRC offices,
- Develop the Compliance Reporting and the Issues Log applications
- Develop and implement a testing plan of the Platform and its applications once a working prototype has been completed.
- Produce a final and complete version of the platform.
- Develop and handover all documentation related to the platform’s design and maintenance.
The working version of the platform should be developed based not only in the specifications provided in the attached documents, but also building on the needs and practices of key users that include (not exhaustive list):
- Managers of NRC offices including the Head, regional and country offices
- Risk Owners at all levels of the organisation (functional leads and/or managers in offices).
- Risk and Compliance staff (Coordinators, managers, specialists and Heads of Units).
- Staff responsible for verifying compliance with key controls (function leads or specialist).
N/B: The platform should be developed in Microsoft environment (SharePoint, Power BI, Power Apps and others as needed).
Content of Proposal
The proposed technical solution must be built using the Microsoft Power Platform set of applications (Power Apps, Power BI etc.)
NRC will assess proposals that contain at least the following documents:
- A work plan: A document describing activities necessary to complete each deliverable, stakeholders involved in completing these activities (from NRC) and a timeline.
- A budget: An estimation of costs to complete all deliverables detailed by activities and type of cost. The budget should be within the amount NRC has allocated for this work.
- Basic information of people involved: CV(s) of the person (s) responsible for completing the work and the role to play in the project.
- Documentation of experience: Documents certifying the person/organisation experience within the line of this work.
N/B: Based on that information NRC will call for interviews and select one person/organisation to complete this work. NRC will contact only the person/organisation selected for this work.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here