The United Nations Secretariat invites qualified interested firms to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly; the Security Council; the Economic and Social Council; the defunct Trusteeship Council; and the International Court of Justice. The Secretariat is the United Nations' executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Developing Institutional Framework for the Energy Efficiency Act and Regulations Targeting Energy Intensive Sector (Household and Industries) in Nigeria
Description of Requirements
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), on behalf of Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) invites qualified interested firms to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) to participate in the upcoming solicitation for provision of technical assistance to develop and operationalize an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act for households and industries in Nigeria.
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) on behalf of the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) requires the services of an institution to deliver the technical assistance. The overall objective of this technical assistance is to considerably enhance energy efficiency in households and industries by developing and operationalizing an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act and Regulations in Nigeria.
Some of the expected outcome, outputs and activities are;
- Development of communication documents
- Comprehensive market assessment for energy efficiency and conservation in industry and households to establish a baseline.
- Development of an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act .
- Operationalization of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act.
- Development of standard templates for energy auditing
- Delivery of a Training the Trainers programme to energy auditors and managers.
N/B: The complete details of the requirement will be provided in the tender documents that will be issued to bidders after this request for EOI is closed.
The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is the operational arm of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Technology Mechanism and co-hosted by the United Nations Environment (UN Environment) in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and supported by 11 partner institutions with expertise in climate technologies. The mission of the CTCN is to promote accelerated development and transfer of climate technologies at the request of developing countries for energy-efficient, low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
CTCN provides technical assistance to the countries using its own funds ( which it receives through voluntary contributions of donor). The requests for Technical Assistance (TA) are submitted to the CTCN by the National Designated Entity (NDE) of the respective country. In this present case the CTCN has developed a response plan and expect to implement the technical assistance on its own funding.
In case you are not a CTCN network member yet, you may apply for this REOI and subsequent soliciation (Request for Proposal), subject to the condition that you submit your completed application for CTCN membership before the proposal submission closing date, which will be communicated in the subsequent Request for Proposal in due course of time. Furthermore, the contract award – should your proposal be selected – is conditional to your application for CTCN network membership being approved by CTCN management. The requirement to join the CTCN network is only relevant to the main bidder and no subcontractors. Please find more information to join CTCN Network at: https://www.ctc-n.org/network
The purpose of this REOI is to identify suitable firms who may be invited for the Request for Proposal after the REOI is closed. In addition to CTCN registration, all applicants should also be registered (free of charge) at United Nations Global Marketplace (www.ungm.org
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors/organisations who wish to participate in the EOI process should please Click Here
- Please note that this REOI is not an invitation for submission of tenders. Its purpose is to identify companies that would be interested and eligible to participate in the solicitation when issued.
- UNON will examine the outcome of this request for EOI and will consider those companies that have expressed their interest .
- UNON reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Thus, submitting a reply to this Request for EOI does not automatically guarantee your company will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the EOI.