The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) invites interested contractors / vendors to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF's activities include providing immunizations and disease prevention, administering treatment for children and mothers with HIV, enhancing childhood and maternal nutrition, improving sanitation, promoting education, and providing emergency relief in response to disasters.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Assessment of Thunder/Lightning Arrester & Earthing Systems in UNICEF Nigeria Field Offices
Following a recent heavy stormy rain that destroyed some critical ICT equipment in two UNICEF offices, the need to do a comprehensive review of the existing thunder arrestor and earthing system in all field offices to ascertain their functionality and ability to protect the infrastructure, and to propose changes where necessary to ensure the resistance to the ground plane is within acceptable ohmic (less than 10 ohms) value that guarantees protection of all installed equipment against occasional electrical surge and lightning strikes has become necessary.
Locations Involved; Bidders are expected to visit the following UNICEF offices to examine the existing thunder arrester, produce a report on their status and make recommendations for each:
- Akure office
- Bauchi office
- Enugu office
- Kaduna office
- Maiduguri office
- Port Harcourt office
- Sokoto office
Detail Requirements of the Job
- Comprehensive review of the existing thunder arrestor and earthing system in the office with a view to proposing adjustments, reinforcement, or reinstallation if necessary.
- It is critical that the final resistance value of each earth termination system should be less than 10 ohms.
- Final report to include an evaluation report of all offices and proposed changes to be made if necessary.
- The vendor should have adequate experience in executing assignments of this nature -thunder arrestor and earthing system- and should have proven track record.
- The bidder must have at least five years of similar working experience.
- The bidder must provide at least 3 evidence of completed similar works including copy of the contracts along with valid contact information for reference check.
- Evidence of ISO and other relevant certification.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm Friday, 4th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
All bids (Technical and Financial) must be submitted electronically and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.
Related Document: RFP