The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites eligible and interested communication and media firm(s) to indicate interest by tender RFP documents for the following works:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Provision of Communication, Media and Event Support for the Launch of the Imagine Nigeria Report
COVID-19 has led to a global health and economic crisis, and similar to many countries, Nigeria is struggling to overcome the immediate and secondary challenges presented by the pandemic. The pandemic has aggravated critical challenges such as rising levels of inequality, ethnic tensions, and political violence. In response, the UNDP has partnered with the Federal Government of Nigeria to produce the Imagine Nigeria Report which assesses and provides insight into how the crises facing Nigeria also presents opportunities for Nigeria to build a more inclusive and resilient nation.
The Imagine Nigeria Report is a foresight-oriented exercise that is neither a prediction of the future nor a national plan, rather it is an invitation to all Nigerians for a country-wide conversation on the future of the nation. The report explores the various major trends that will help to shape the future of Nigeria, offers alternative scenarios to further the country’s development and provides a series of actionable recommendations to ensure national transformation. The findings and recommendations in the report came to life through a participatory exercise involving over 300 stakeholders and experts, both nationally and internationally, which was guided by a High-Level panel made up of eminent stakeholders across government, private sector and civil society.
Imagine Nigeria is now ready to be publicly released and the UNDP is preparing to launch the report through a series of week long high-level events involving a number of stakeholders across government, local partners, private sector, civil society organizations, the international community and more. It is in this context that the UNDP is seeking to procure professional services of a local media and communication firm to assist in the planning, execution and management of the Imagine Nigeria report launch and its related activities.
Scope of Work and Deliverables
UNDP Nigeria wishes to engage the services of one communication and media firm to support the Imagine Nigeria Report launch and its related activities. Under the general guidance and supervision of the UNDP Nigeria Communications Specialist, the contractor will be responsible for providing support in the following general areas:
- Event management: Assist with the execution of the Imagine Nigeria report launch event strategies including support for planning, coordination and management of the related launch events
- Media relations: Provide professional support to garner national and regional media coverage of the Imagine Nigeria report, including placement of press releases, op-eds, press conferences and media appearances as well as the management of media requests
- Social media: Develop engaging social media content and pre-launch campaign that generates awareness and interest about the Imagine Nigeria report with the aim of sustaining public knowledge and interest.
- Branding items: Support with the development and production of Imagine Nigeria branded items needed for the report launch events
- Video production: Produce engaging video coverage of the Imagine Nigeria report launch events as well as develop short video assets that summarize the key objectives and findings of the report
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Successful Contractor
The following documentation must be submitted:
- Company profile, which should not exceed fifteen (15) pages, including printed brochures and catalogues relevant to the services being procured.
- Latest Business Registration Certificate
- 2020 Audited Financial Statement – including income statement and balance sheet to indicate its financial stability, liquidity, credit standing and market reputation.
- Track Record - list of clients for similar services as those required by UNDP, indicating description of contract scope, contract duration, contract value, contact references.
Required Professional Skills and Experiences
- At least 5 years of practical experience in event management, media relations, audiovisual media production, social media development or related fields.
- Eligible contractors must have team members that hold professional degrees in communications, event management, journalism/mass media, video production, photo-journalism or related fields.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in event management, media relations, video and photography production, leading and managing high-level public events, developing campaigns for social media and other multimedia platforms (proof of experience and productions in form of a portfolio will be required).
- Ability and flexibility to work and review content on short notice.
- The contractor must be operational in Nigeria or have solid local representation in Nigeria.
- Understanding of the Nigerian media landscape and audience is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the local context, political and socioeconomic; and a good understanding of UN/UNDP work is an advantage.
- Experience working for non-profits or UN agencies on development communication is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
- UNDP will provide all details pertaining to the activity.
- UNDP will provide all the expected components.
- UNDP will provide feedback/support/guidance during development and production of the final products.
- UNDP will orient the contractor on its corporate guidelines and provide relevant information with regards to the project.
- UNDP will ensure that the contractor is linked with all communication focal persons of relevant stakeholders including participating UN agencies and government ministries and agencies and support the coordination of the relationship for effective delivery.