The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) invites qualified and interested consultant(s) to express interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making alliance, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The alliance was birthed in November, 2013 at Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria and formally inaugurated on the 7th of August, 2014.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - For Consultant to Digitize National and State Committee on Food and Nutrition Appraisal Tool
Ref No.: CS-SUNN/2022 – 01/005
About PINNS 2.0 Project
The Partnership for Improving Nigeria Nutrition Systems (PINNS 2.0) is a project designed to strengthen the Nigeria nutrition systems to be more Result-driven, Effective, Serviceable, Efficient and Transparent (RESET). This is to facilitate the delivery of Nutrition interventions and to hold government accountable on commitments made to allocate, release and use transparently funds for implementation of high impact Nutrition interventions in Nigeria through evidence-based advocacy.
The project is a continuation of the just completed PINNS 1.0 and connects the importance of optimal nutrition to attaining Nigeria’s Human Capital Development goal by 2025. The project will continue to support the Nigeria nutrition system to be more Result-Driven, Effective, Serviceable, Efficient and Transparent (RESET).
PINNs project adopts a systems approach to strengthening bodies burdened with the responsibility of reducing malnutrition in Nigeria. It pays attention to the unpredictable interaction among factors, sectors, disciplines and determinants of nutrition, bringing to the table key tools and technical support required for the effective coordination and implementation of programs.
Purpose and Objective
National and State Committees on Food and Nutrition (N/SCFN) will require a simple system where the current physical appraisal tool used for data collection is digitized and connected to a relevant software and/or mobile application which can be used to store, analyze and report all relevant committee quarterly assessment. The quarterly reports generated will be crucial in providing information for the development of quarterly and annual reports. The new system when developed will promote ease of completion and reporting what was accomplished within the quarter by MDAs. It will also make monitoring of progress made by MDAs to improving nutrition on a quarterly bases easy, accurate and timely as it will be done and monitored electronically.
The main purpose of the Consultancy is to digitize the appraisal tool used by the N/SCFN and connect it to a relevant software and/or mobile application for data entry, storage analysis and reporting
The core objectives are:
- To develop digitized versions of the appraisal tool, connect to a relevant software and/or mobile application which can be accessible to the N/SCFN and partners, pilot test and provide support for the installation of the digitized tools on smart phones/tablets to be used in the field/offices/anywhere.
- To train the N/SCFN, CS-SUNN and the key implementing partners/ stakeholders on the use of the digitized tools.
Scope of Work
The assignment is to work collaboratively work FMFBNP team on design and visioning to complete:
- Create a Digital Version of the appraisal tool The forms should be capable of doing the following:
- Digital forms should include date, time, location of data collection, MDA and the name of the officer entering the information into the system.
- The Digital form should provide a session for authentication and authorization of the director to certify the information provided by the officer in bullet one above
- Include an off-line mode feature to ensure that the information is recorded and automatically transferred once the tablet is in an area where there is data connection
- Ensure that important information (i.e. Personal information, Quarterly Budget) can be Mandatory Fields
- Ensure that all the data collected by all the Committee Members is stored on a relevant software and/or mobile application which can be reviewed and automatically analysed and reported.
- Ensure that the forms are Password Protected and the installation of suitable security features are included to prevent data hacking
- Ensure this platform has some form of restriction may be administration passwords or admin accounts to ensure that that entries are made only by authorized staff although the final product will be open access.
- Assist PINNS 2.0 team in the procurement of any IT related services and products necessary for the system.
- Recommend suitable equipment, technologies, programs (i.e., Computer, tablet, Server, broadband network, VBM Router) for the installation of the digitized forms and use in the field.
- Installation of the digitized forms onto computers and/or tablets used by N/SCFN, CS-SUNN and/or relevant Key Implementing Partners / Staff members.
- Install an antivirus system
- Provide appropriate orientation/training to the N/SCFN and partners so that they can operate the digitized forms.
- Run tests with users in order to improve the software application when necessary.
- Create a simple user manual which will guide/assist the users at different levels on use of the digitized forms
- Include a Search Engine to allow a user to conduct a search
Skills and Knowledge of the Consultancy Firm
The Consultant should possess:
- A Technical Certificate, Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering and/ or a related field;
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with governmental organizations or rural development programs in the development of software or providing IT solutions is required;
- Good Communication skills, both orally and in writing, interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment;
- Experience in creating user-friendly interfaces for database systems;
- Experience and knowledge with the following programs (Microsoft Office Suite, MS SQL, My SQL Server, mobile app development etc).
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested consultants who meet the above-stated criteria are to send an expression of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Technical offer/ proposal containing work plan and methodology
- Links to past works that relate to this assignment
- Financial offer including (a) daily consultancy fee- all taxes and duties included; (b) travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs (if applicable).
Please address correspondence to:
The Executive Secretary,
Civil Society Scaling-up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
Plot 203 Cadastral Zone B02,
Off Oladipo Diya Way (Beside Coded Suites),
F.C.T - Abuja.