Chemonics International invites eligible and interested consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Chemonics International, Inc. is a private international development firm based in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1975 by Thurston F. Teele as a subsidiary of Erly Industries.Its mission, then and now, is to promote meaningful change around the world, helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Consultancy - Embedded State Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultants (TO2/TO3/TO4)
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s Maternal Newborn and Child Health Program. The Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
GHSC-PSM works to support the USAID’s Health Population and Nutrition Office on Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health interventions to increase access to quality, lifesaving MNCH commodities thereby saving lives and improving the health of women, children, and newborns. In Nigeria, GHSC-PSM has been asked to focus its efforts, in collaboration with other USAID implementing partners to strengthen/reform the Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) systems in eleven PMI States and FCT aligning with sustainable strategies.
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the state DRF M&E Consultant for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) - Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project.
The DRF M&E Consultants will support the eleven PMI states and FCT on the establishment of the DRF M&E system in MNCH focus states for continuous tracking, reporting, and supply chain performance management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Develop and Implement a DRF Monitoring and Evaluation Plan:
- Work collaboratively with the states to understudy the structure of each states DMCMA to understand their peculiarities to provide technical support that ensures a sustainable supply chain system with focus on establishing and deploying monitoring and evaluation systems.
- In collaboration with respective states support the DMCMA to review DRF goals and objectives, conduct desk review of DRF initiation documents including workplans do develop M&E result framework taking into cognizance respective states priorities.
- Support the development and deployment of requisite data management tools for processing, collecting, analyzing and storage of the DRF logistic and financial transactions
- Conduct capacity assessment of the Agency personnel identified to attain required skill set in carrying out DRF Monitoring and Evaluation function with a capacity building plan developed based on identified gaps.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship in establishing a rigorous performance management culture for the DRF in respective state by facilitating data use for objective decision making.
- Facilitate the design of state specific DRF performance monitoring dashboard
- Provide technical support in carrying out routine DRF monitoring and supervisory visit, specifically building the capacity of the state DRF M&E team to deploy online data collection tool (Kobo) and subsequent data processing and analysis.
- Facilitate the design and use of state specific DRF reporting template that will be used for routine reporting of DRF activities and performance.
- Develop a comprehensive narrative report on all deliverables, Slide deck and soft copies of both final and modifiable versions of all reviewed and developed documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science/Social Science discipline or a related field, a master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an M&E position, with responsibilities for implementing M&E activities for USAID or international donor-funded development projects
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation systems for public health programs/projects or logistic services in Nigeria.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing Performance Management Plans
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative/quantitative), data collection and analysis methodologies; experience with innovative and electronic, real-time monitoring methods highly desired
- Proficiency in software packages; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access),
- Proficiency in the use of data analytics and reporting tools such as Power BI, SPSS, Stata, R, Python. EPI INFO, etc.
- Advance knowledge on the use of Power BI and Power query for data analysis and reporting
- Proficiency in the use of online data collection tools such as SurveyCTO , Kobo ,Magpi etc.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government structures at central or sub-national levels
- Attendance in any logistic training at least 5days training on core areas of logistics
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, RH, TB, MNCH or Malaria programs strongly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Fluency in English is required
Submission of Documents
Interested applicants should Click Here
to complete and submit the application form.