The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) invites interested individual consultant(s) to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) is created to provide sustainable access to safe and sufficient water to meet the cultural and socio-economic needs of all Nigerians in a way that will enhance public health, food security and poverty reduction, while maintaining the integrity of fresh water ecosystem of the nation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest - For Individual Consultancy Services in Nigeria for the Technical Assistance to Support Federal Ministry of Water Resources Bill
Loan/Grant No: 210015002569
Project No: P-NG-E00-004
Project: Urban Water Sector Reform & Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project
The Federal Project Implementation Unit (FPlU) of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) is In the process of recruiting an individual Consultant for Technical Assistance to support the Federal Ministry of Water Resources Bill.
Scope of Work
- Providing Technical Regulatory advisory support to the FMWR and the National Assembly (NASS) during the process for due enactment of the Bill through providing insight, presentations and drafting of sections and amendments as deemed essential to carry through the regulatory objectives of the FMWR for the sector.
- Providing revised draft provisions of the bill as necessary to carry through decisions during stakeholder consultations while ensuring that the Regulatory focus is maintained and the regulatory provisions are fit for purpose and can be implemented.
- Sensitization and consultation activities with stakeholders -essentially, facilitating the consultation process among key stakeholders at Federal level and the 36 States and Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
- Facilitating consultation with the NASS, local and international stakeholders;
- Upon the due enactment of the Bill within the period of this consultancy, the Consultant shall provide a Schedule of activities to support proper sensitization of relevant stakeholders to the contents of the Bill (then Act) within the contract period.
- Review the draft Bill with the objective of providing a critique of its contents from Constitutional Perspective with a view to advising the FMWR on potential areas of conflict with the constitutional provisions and State powers;
- Review the Provisions of the Bill from the perspective of trending Global developments and initiatives for environmental and in particular water resources to advise on any gaps that might exist in the Bill as well as the potential impact of such provisions on the environment and the nation's water resources.
- Advise on the impact of the Bill on existing commitments of Nigeria under International agreements;
- Provide recommendations with respect to the above to the FMWR towards appropriate amendment of the Bill to the FMWR.
The minimum qualifications and experience of the Consultant are:
- Possess minimum of Master's degree in the Law
- Minimum of 20 years post-qualification experience in conducting research and providing consultancy services related to institutional, legislative and strategic frameworks for water resources and environmental protection;
- Certification/specialization in Regulation and designing Regulatory frameworks
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing regulatory frameworks in the water sector in sub Saharan Africa and in Nigeria in particular;
- Must exhibit experience in institutional structuring, Policy and Legal reform and regulatory frameworks;
- Must have a good knowledge of government and legislative processes that can guide the FMWR and the NASS in navigating emerging concerns as they arise in the legislative process for the NWR Bill, for regulatory issues and otherwise;
- Experience in policy development and monitoring in environmental protection;
- Experience in the review of policy, regulatory and institutional frameworks for environmental protection;
- Experience in advising on sustainable use and management of natural resources;
- Experience of working in developing countries.
N/B: The successful applicant may be expected to assume duties on 21st February, 2022 or earlier. The duration of the contract is 6 months.
The prospective consultants expression of interest will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- General qualification and suitability for the task to be performed: 40%
- Experience in the specific assignments described in the TOR: 40%
- Experience with the Federal Ministry of Water Resources & National Assembly: 10% iv. English Language Proficiency and Computer literacy: 5%
- Knowledge of the African Region, and Nigeria in particular: 5%
- Detailed Terms of reference for the assignment can be requested from "The National Project Coordinator at the address below.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank's "Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants May 2008 edition, revised July 2012" which is available on the Bank's website at http://www.afdb.org
Application Closing Date
12:00pm, 17th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
One original and two copies of Expressions of interest with updated Curriculum Vitae clearly marked "Individual Consultant Services for Technical Assistance for the support to Federal Ministry of Water Resources Bill" should be addressed and delivered to:
The National Project Coordinator,
National Urban Water Sector Reform Project,
No 15, Ajesa Street,
Wuse II - F.C.T - Abuja.