The Federal Ministry of Environment invites competent and interested contractors to tender pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Environment invites applications for:
Title: Pre-Qualification of Contractors for Construction of Centre of Excellence for Environmental Restoration (CoEER) and Integrated Contaminated Soil Management (ICSMC) in Ogoni Land - Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP)
In line with its mandates to implement various recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Report on Environmental Assessment of Ogoniland, the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) of the Federal Ministry of Environment has made adequate provision in its 2022 Budget to construct a Centre of Excellence for Environmental Remediation (CoEER) including Integrated Contaminated Soil Management Center (ICSMC) at Wiyakara in Khana LGA of Ogoniland.
Scope of Work
The scope of the works includes Construction of Administrative Block, Classroom Buildings, Lecture Theater, Laboratory Block and other Buildings at the Centre.
Interested competent companies are required to submit the underlisted documents to demonstrate their technical capacities to undertake the construction of such magnitude:
- Company Data:
- company name
- Business address (not P.O. Box)
- Name and phone number (must be capable of receiving text messages) of primary contact person
- Email address
- Evidence of incorporation with ownership/share allotment details and names/nationality of Directors.
- Evidence of current Income Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Evidence of current PENCOM Compliance Certificate.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliant Certificate.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) not expiring before 31st December 2021 or valid certificate issued by BPP
- Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant Committees of Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company attesting that the company is not in receivership or that none of the Directors is bankrupt, or has been convicted of any criminal Offence; and that all information presented in the bids are authentic.
- Company’s audited accounts for the last three years (2018, 2019& 2020), with minimun’ average annual turnover of NGN 1. Billion.
- Evidence of at least 2 Similar Works executed in the Last 5 Years, in terms of scope and complexity with letters of Awards, Valuation/completion certificates, project photographs, full client contact information (name, e-mail & phone).
- Evidence of ownership of relevant equipment or lease.
- Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project.
- Company’s profile with complete curriculum vitae of key professional staff to be deployed on the project, detailing their experience and expertise relevant to the assignment, current contact information (telephone and email address) including copies of academic qualifications, professional registration certificates and current practice licenses (as applicable).
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Wednesday, 9th March, 2022.
Opening of Bids
Bids will be opened immediately after the submission deadline at 12:00 noon on Wednesday 9th March 2022 at the Conference Room of the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, 8 Ken Saro Wiwa Road (Formerly Stadium Road) Port Harcourt, Rivers State, in the presence of Bidders or their representatives and Independent Observers.
Preparation of Pre-Qualification Documents
Bidders are required to prepare two (2) hard copies and One (1) soft copy of the Pre-Qualification Document, with the required information arranged in the order in which they appear in above, with dividers to separate each set of documents, and each sheet duly signed by an authorized representative of the Company and paginated.
Completed Documents are to be enclosed and sealed in a plain Envelope marked "Pre-qualification for Construction of CoEER and ISMC in Ogoni Land", and name of the company, joint venture or consortium written on the reverse side, and addressed to:
The Project Coordinator,
Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project Louis House,
No. 8, Ken Saro wiwa Road,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.
Submission of Bid Documents
Completed documents are to be delivered by hand or registered post and deposited at the designated tender box at the:
Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project,
8 Ken Saro Wiwa Road (Formerly Stadium Road),
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.
- Bidders should ensure that they sign the Bid Submission Register as HYPREP will not be held liable for misplaced or inappropriate submission.
- All documents for submission are to be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter on the Company headed paper bearing among others, the registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) contact address, telephone number (preferably GSM) and email address.
- The headed paper should bear the names and nationality of the Directors of the company at the bottom page and be duly signed by the chief executive or any other authorized Officer of the Company.
Clarification & Additional Information
- Bidders requiring clarification and/or additional information on any issue contained in this advertisement or on any matter regarding the preparation and submission of Pre-qualification documents, may direct such to the Project Coordinator (Attention: Head of Procurement), Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, through; Phone Number: +2348050879408, Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every request should however be in writing, and delivered by hand, registered post or email no later than 7 days before the close of bids on Wednesday 9th March 2022.
- HYPREP will not be liable for any failure or disqualification arising from the provision of incorrect or illegible information/documents;
- Documents submitted after the deadline for submission will be returned unopened;
- All costs for the preparation and submission of document will be borne by Bidders;
- Pre-qualified bidders will be contacted later and issued instructions for collection of financial bids.
- HYPREP reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liability in accordance with section .28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007;
- HYPREP shall verify any or all documents and claims made by Bidders and shall disqualify any Bidder whose claims are found to be false;
- This advertisement shall not be construed to be commitment on the part of HYPREP to award the contract to any Bidder, nor shall it entitle any Bidder to make any claim of indemnity from HYPREP.
- All clarifications and additional information sought by bidders will be posted on HYPREP website www.hyprep.gov.ng along with the responses.