The Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital (ISTH) invites interested and reputable companies to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital (ISTH) (formerly Otibhor Okae Teaching Hospital). Irrua was established by decree 92 of 1993 (Appendix I) to provide tertiary services to people of Edo State and beyond. The decree among other things provided for a Board of Management for the hospital. Irrua is situated on the Ishan plateau, some 87 kilometers of north of Benin City.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender
The Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital Edo State Centre for excellence for the management and control of Lassa Fever is desirous of executing its capital budget under 2022 fiscal year and hereby invites interested and reputable companies with relevant experience to submit bids/expression of interest for the following projects.
Scope of Work / Supplies
- Lot 1 / Construction of 2.5 Kilometre Road
- Lot 2 / Supply and Installation of CT Scan Machine
- Lot 3 / Supply of Laboratory and Surgical Medical Equipment/Consumables
- Lot 4 / Equipping/Furnishing of Psychiatric Building
- Lot 5 / Purchase of Ambulance for the Hospital
- Lot 6 / Expansion/Furnishing of Outreach Centres
- Lot 7 / Drilling of Borehole and Reticulation of Water
- Lot 8 / Landscaping/ Construction of Drainages in the Hospital
- Lot 9 / Construction of 150,000 Litres Over Head Storage Tank
- Lot 10 / Procurement of Molecular Laboratory Equipment and Consumables
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7(or CAC 1.1);
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31 December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover of N50 million for Lots 2.9, and N100 million for Lot 1;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N5om and above);
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31" December, 2022; or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3)years-2019, 2020, 2021;
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- For Supply of Medical and Laboratory Equipment: Letter of Authorization from the Original Equipment Manufacturers listed in the Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment for Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria;
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- Lot 5: Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council's approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the Ambulance
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Headed Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00noon Monday, 21st March, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday 21" March, 2022 in the Board Room of the Hospital, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Office of Chief Medical Director, as the Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested Companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) from the office of the Chief Medical Director on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the Federal Teaching Hospital Irrua's Remita account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bids in two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with the Lot bidded for and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
1st Floor Hospital Administrative Building,
Irrua - Edo State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box in the Office of the Chief Medical Director not later than the above stated closing date.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than Two(2) Lots;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un opened;
- The Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.