The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) invites qualified, competent and reputable consulting firms to express interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) is a federal government owned university located in the ancient city of Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife through the World Bank supported Africa Centres of Excellence for Development Impact received a grant towards implementation of the Africa Centre of Excellence: ICT-Driven Knowledge Park Development Impact Project, and intends to apply part of the grant for payment under the contract for the procurement of consultancy services.
Qualified, competent and reputable consulting firms (Architectural, Quantity Surveying. Civil/Structural Engineering and Mechanical & Electrical Engineering) are hereby invited to submit Expression of Interest for the following services.
Scope of Services
Package No - Consultancy Description:
- OAU/ACEIMPACTICS/1/21 - Project design, contract documentation and supervision for the proposed Design Studio
Interested firms should submit two (2) bound EoI documents duly signed paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 of CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable;
- Evidence of Firm's Tax Clearance Certificate or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business name) for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021) valid till 31st December, 2022 (with a minimum average annual turnover in the last three years of N7.5 million for each firm);
- Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st . December, 2022
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of firm's registration with relevant professional body such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, SURCON etc;
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Obafemi Awolowo University or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder, and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- That the company is not bankrupt, in receivership or under liquidation or involved in any litigation which can potentially affect the company's ability to effectively discharge their responsibility if engaged,
- No Company's Director has been convicted of procurement fraud in any country:
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2019, 2020 & 2021;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects,
- For joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The letter head paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12.00 noon Tuesday, 22nd March, 2022.
Opening of EOI Documents
The expression of interest documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12.00 noon on Tuesday, 22nd March, 2022, in Room 05, Floor 'O', Secretariat Building, Obafemi Awolowo University.
Please ensure that you sign the EOI Submission Register in the Centre Leader's Office at the Telepresence Ante-Room, ICT Centre, Adjacent to The Computer Centre, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, as the Africa Centre of Excellence, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted documents.
Submission of EOI Documents
Interested firm are to submit two (2) bound copies of Expression of Interest documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the name of the project and package number and addressed to:
The Centre Leader,
Africa Centre of Excellence Development Impact,
ICT Centre, Adjacent to the Computer Centre,
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the Firm and drop in the designated Tender Box at the Telepresence Ante-Room, ICT Centre not later than the above stated closing date.
- Eol must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Eol submitted after the dead line for submission would be returned un-opened;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- The Africa Centre of Excellence, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife is not bound to short list any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.