Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites interested and prequalified companies to submit tender documents for the following works:
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 39 per cent of the nation's oil. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Corporate Call Off Contract for Local Polyethylene (PE) and Concrete Weght (CW) Coating of Line Pipe & Fittings
Tender Ref: CW389699
Nipex Number: SPDC.00000444
Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender. The contract that will result from this tender will be for the "Corporate Call Off Contract for Local Polyethylene (PE) and Concrete Weght (CW) Coating of Line Pipe & Fittings"
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), Operator of NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture is seeking qualified vendors for the Coating of Line Pipes and Bends.
Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability and capacity to accept and deal with the financial and technical complexities associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stage of this Tender. SPDC hereby invites submission from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in Coating of Line Pipes and Bends.
Scope of Work
The Work to be covered under this Contract generally consists of all works incidental and necessary to the successful completion of Local Polyethylene (PE) and Concrete Weight (CW) Coating of Line Pipes & Fittings involving:
- The scope of works to be undertaken is the external coating of line pipes & bends with polyethylene (PE) or polypropylene (PP) and concrete coating of fittings, which includes:
- Transportation/Receipt of various sizes of bare pipes and fittings at NPA Ports in Warri & Port Harcourt (including Onne Oil and Gas Free zone) and SPDC warehouses as required.
- Transportation of coated pipes and fittings to the Contractor's yard/Site as required
- Cutting, beveling and or repair line pipes of various ss for minor damages during handling as applicable
- Application of PE or PP coating to pipes and fittings for anti-corrosion purposes as per SPDC specifications
- Application of concrete weight coating of various thicknesses and densities onto corrosion coating as required for protection/buoyancy as required
- Temporary storage of coate. pipes and fittings at the contractor's coating yard.
- Handling/Load-out of various size pipes and fittings to SPDC/Third Party trucks.
- Provision and Supply of various sizes of shrink sleeves as per SPDC's specifications / manufacturers.
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group: 2.07.01 - Primers, Coatings and Paints. To determine if you are pre-qualified in the Product Group, open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on "Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool" button, click "check my supplier status" and then click 'Supplier Product Group".
- To qualify you must have Valid Category "A Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) or its equivalent Category 1, 2 & 3 (i.e. under the latest guidelines to come into force, with first considerations given in order of priority) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board for Line pipe coating, as well as demonstrate capacity through ownership of equipment and personnel of a pipe coating yard.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact Nipex office at 8/10 Bayo Kuku Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigerio with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action.
- Only Tenderers with the Category "A Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) will be invited for the Tender.
- Evidence of Legal proceedings against the JV, of Financial encumbrances or existing sanctions by regulatory bodies within or outside Nigeria may be inimical to the bid.
Nigerian Content Requirements
- Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Provide evidence of company Ownership Structure form CO2 and CO7, registration on NOGIC JQS and DPR certificate.
- Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (Technical/Administrative office, NDE facility) in Nigeria to support this contract.
- In line with the NCD Human Capital Development Initiative, Bidder shall commit to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing approved NCDMB training institution(s).
- Submit. Tenderer's corporate and project/contract specific organograms, CV's of all personnel (as required by the Client and the service) listed in the project organogram should be submitted.-
- Provide evidence of at least 50% Nigerian ownership of a fully functional coating plant in-country, Haulage and Lifting equipment as well as other equipment required for the execution of the scope of work.
- Provide Category a Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board for Line pipe coating.
Application Closing Date
Only tenderers who have Category a Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board for this service and are registered with NUQS in Product group 2.07.01 - Primers, Coatings and Paints as at February 28th 2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NIQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NUQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor's accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
- NNPC/SHELL Petroleum Development Company Limited reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- SHELL Petroleum Development Company Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
- Please visit the Nipex Portal at www.nipex-ng.com for this Advert and for other information.