SOS Children's Villages invites interested and qualified service providers to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
SOS Children's Villages Nigeria is a non-governmental social development organization that works in 137 countries and territories to find the most appropriate response to the situation of children without parental care and those at risk of losing parental care. This, we uniquely do by providing enabling family environment with practical support over the long term, so that each child can develop resilient relationships to face life's challenges.
Since 1973, we have been active in Nigeria, with a presence across the country in Lagos, Ogun, Plateau, Oyo, Kaduna, Borno and Edo states as well as the Federal Capital Territory. Our care solutions include Alternative Care for Children, Family Strengthening, Youth Development, Advocacy and Emergency Response.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - For the Provision of Sales and Marketing Coaching and Job Placements for Unemployed Youths in Edo and Ogun States
Overview of the Project
SOS Children's Villages Nigeria in partnership with Bildungswerk der Baden-Württembergischen Wirtschaft (BIWE) under the framework of the "Skills Development for Youth Employment - SKYE", programme funded by German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is seeking for qualified service providers to provide sales and marketing coaching and job placements for youths in Edo and Ogun states.
Among other goals, this planned activity which will focus on "Career Orientation and Job Placement", will meet the specific objective of ensuring that 320 young people (gender-equal and inclusive) in Edo and Ogun states are given the opportunity to participate in a 4-month trainee programme in sales with the aim of being employed by the participating companies at the end of the programme.
Rationale of the Assignment
Sales and Marketing trainers to perform the following tasks in Edo and Ogun:
- Identification of companies requiring sales personnel and willing to participate in a sales trainee program for 160 youths each in Ogun and Edo and split into 2 cohorts of 80 in each of the two states.
- Performance of 1-Week Kick-Off Sales and Marketing training for 160 youths each in Ogun and Edo and split into 2 cohorts of 80 in each of the two states. Duration: 35 hours.
- Active listening and other soft skills
- Sales as a team with production and other departments
- How can I research on my own to be successful in sales and marketing?
- The Marketing-Mix
- Elaboration of material with the help of the AIDA-Principle
- The telephone as a tool for sales
- Practising the cold call
- Structuring of the sales process
- Each sales process is different - dealing with individual differences of your customers 10. Dealing with objections
- Dealing with complaints
- What else can I offer my customers? Sales as a source for innovation
- Disruptive innovation
- Sales as a tool for entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship training - a good sales representative should be able to understand the logic of a business owner.
N/B: All contents are to be taught in a practical manner.
- Providing a follow-up training, 1 day per week (7 hours per day) within the programme period of 16 weeks, for 160 youths each in Ogun and Edo and split in 2 cohorts of 80 in each of the states.
- Follow-up workplace coaching of the trainees and the participating companies on average 2 hours per week within the programme period of 16 weeks for 160 youths each in Ogun and Edo.
Task / Deliverable:
- 1 & 4 / List of companies including contact data and short description (max 100 words per company) and Trainee
- 2 & 3 / Training materials + List of participants
- 3 & 4 / Training materials + List of participants
- Final Evaluation / Report minimum 1000 words - maximum 2000 words
- In order to be considered, interested organizations should submit their Expression of Interest including the following information, in one document:
- A technical proposal showing your firm's services and experience in providing sales and marketing training programmes and job placement linkages
- Financial proposal
- Company profile
- The names and contact information for other similar-sized clients that have been serviced by your firm
Evaluation of Proposal
- All proposals received (Technical and financial proposals) will be evaluated based on the requested proposal information and on cost-vs-benefits basis.
Application Closing Date
4:00pm Tuesday, 22nd February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Submission of Proposal Proposals in response to this RFP should be addressed to the contact information below and emailed in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Director,
SOS Children's Villages Nigeria,
29B Haile Selassie Street,
Asokoro - (FCT) Abuja.
- While a prospective service provider can apply for both states, please note that we are also open to receiving applications for either Edo or Ogun state.