The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) invites eligible bidders to tender sealed bidding documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) is created to provide sustainable access to safe and sufficient water to meet the cultural and socio-economic needs of all Nigerians in a way that will enhance public health, food security and poverty reduction, while maintaining the integrity of fresh water ecosystem of the nation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Bids (IFB) - Procurement of Works for Provision of Social Intervention Facilities (Livestock Crossing, Watering Points and Hand Pump Boreholes) at Kano River and Hadejia Valley Irrigation Schemes in Kano and Jigawa States
Credit Number - 5506-Ng
IFB No: RMWR/TRIMMING/2021/NCB/W/04
Project: Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMMING) Project
This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project that appeared in Development Business dated February 5, 2015.
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Provision of Social Intervention Facilities (Livestock Crossings, Watering Points and Hand pump Boreholes) at Kano River and Hadejia Valley Irrigation Schemes in Kano and Jigawa States, Nigeria
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) through the Project Management Unit (PMU) of the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Provision of Social Intervention Facilities (Livestock Crossings, Watering Points and Hand pump Boreholes) at Kano River and Hadejia Valley Irrigation Schemes in Kano and Jigawa States.
Scope and Location of the Works
- The proposed contract is limited to construct boreholes, livestock crossing and watering points at various locations within Kano River and Hadejia Valley Irrigation Scheme (KRIS & HVIS) located in Kano and Jigawa States.
- The schemes are both operated by the Hadejia-Jama'are River Basin Development Authority with head office in Kano and with a Zonal Office in Hadejia, Contract completion period is nine (9) months
Brief Description of the Contract Work
The major components of the works included in the Provision of Social Intervention Facilities (Livestock Crossings, Watering Points and Hand pump Boreholes):
- Construction of hand pump boreholes;
- Construction of livestock watering points, including stone pitching;
- Construction of concrete livestock crossing in accordance to the specifications and;
- Preparation and implementation of social & environmental requirements; in addition to submitting corresponding budget required to implement each mitigation or enhancement measures aimed at adhering to these social and environmental requirements within the allowed Provisional Sum. This requirement will serve as the Contractors Environmental and Social Management Plan (CESMP).
Experience and Capabilities
Bidders must demonstrate that they have the necessary financial capability, experience and equipment to successfully carry out the works. Bidders must have the following experiences and capabilities:
- The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as NGN72 million, net of the Bidder's other commitments.
- Minimum average annual construction turnover of NGN865million, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last five (5) years, divided by five (5) years.
- Experience in construction contracts in the role of prime contractor, JV member, sub-contractor, or management contractor and must have satisfactorily and substantially completed in the last five (5) years between 1st January 2015 and application submission deadline of a total value of two (2nos) contracts each of a minimum value of NGN260million or 1no contract of a minimum value of NGN520million
Note: Additional information on experience and capabilities requirement for the works are provided in the Bidding Documents.
Application Closing Date
12:00 hour (Local Time), 10th March, 2022.
Opening of Bids
Bids will be opened immediately after close of submission at 12.00 pm local time on Thursday 10th March, 2022 at the address stated below.
Collection of Documents
A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N25,000.00 (Twenty Five Thousand Naira) only through "REMITA"' web site: www.remita.net to our CBN Account Number: 0020293661163, Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project Naira Account A and Service type 'Sale of Bid document' and send the payment evidence to the email address below.
The Bidding Documents will be available from 10th February, 2022 and can be collected by bidder either by hand, e-mail or through Courier.
Submission of Documents
Bids must be delivered to the:
National Project Coordinator,
Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project,
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Plot 1402 Abba Kyari Street,
Off Adesoji Aderemi Street,
Apo - (FCT) Abuja.
Tel: +234-8038391469 or +2348052048706
- All bids must be valid for a period of 90 days after bid closing date and must be accompanied by a "Bid Security" of NGN8,000,000.00 (Eight Million Naira) only.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011) as revised in July 2014 and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information during the office hours 8:00hrs to 17:00 Local time from Mondays to Fridays (excluding Public Holidays) by sending an email to the National Project Coordinator through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org