The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) invites interested and eligible bidders to tender sealed bidding documents for the following works:
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional political and economic union of fifteen countries located in West Africa. Collectively, these countries comprise an area of 5,114,162 km², and in 2015 had an estimated population of over 349 million.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Bid (Regional Competitive Bidding (RCB)
The ECOWAS Commission has allocated a budget for the Year 2022 for the supply and installation of a Solar Power Plant of 50 KVA (Phase 2) at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Commission in Abuja, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The ECOWAS Commission hereby launch a Regional Competitive Bidding for the submission of bids, in sealed envelopes, for the supply and installation of a Solar Power Plant of 50 KVA (Phase 2) at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Commission in Abuja, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Federal Republic of Nigeria (one single and indivisible lot).
- Bidders must demonstrate experience as a major business operator in the installation of photovoltaic solar power plants for at least 1 (One) project of similar nature and complexity to the project under this tender over the past five (5) years (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021) in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- This experience must include at least the supply and installation of centralized photovoltaic or hybrid solar power systems with storage facility, and Bidders must enclose attestations or certificates of services provided signed by the contracting authorities including their address, email and phone number).
- The Bidder must furnish documentary evidence that meets the following requirements: possession of a net average annual turnover at least equal to the bid price over the past five years (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 ). The Bidder shall submit, alongside his bid, certified financial statements for each of the last Five (5) years or any other equivalent document,
- The director or head of the works must possess no less than ten (10) years’ professional experience and must be an engineer in the electrical, electro-technical, electronic or electro-mechanical fields with proven experience in solar power (attach CV).
- The principal supervisor of the works must possess no less than five (5) years’ professional experience and must be a senior technician In the electrical, electro-technical, electronic or electromechanical fields with proven experience in solar power (attach CV).
- The technical team must include at least one senior technician in civil engineering who must possess no less than three (3) years’ proven professional experience (attach CV).
- The technical team must comprise the necessary and adequate staff to cope with the nature and complexity of the works under this Tender.
- The technical team shall receive all materials, equipment, tools and logistics required in line with the nature and complexity of the works under this Tender (submit list of equipment and tools offered).
Application Closing Date
11:00am, 24th March, 2022.
Opening of Bids
Bids will be opened (online opening session) in the presence of bidders who wish to attend the bid opening on 24th March 2022 at 11:30 AM (GMT+1), Procurement Meeting Room , ECOWAS Commission, Abuja.
N/B:An online invitation link will be shared to all interested bidders.
Collection of Documents
The Bidding document can be purchased at the Procurement Division, Directorate of General Administration, ECOWAS Commission, Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, Abuja, Nigeria, upon sending a written request and payment of the sum of two hundred Us Dollars (USD 200) in cash or cheque or its equivalent in Naira (for Bidders from Nigeria), made in favor of ECOWAS Commission, Abuja.
For Bidders residing outside Nigeria: The Bidding Document can be mailed to interested Bidders upon payment (by Bank Transfer) of non-refundable fee of two hundred US Dollars (USD 200) to the Commission (transfer charges born by the bidder). (Account Details available on request.)
Submission of Documents
Bids must be submitted (in English or French) in a sealed envelope clearly indicating "Supply and Installation of a Solar Power Plant of 50 KVA (Phase 2) at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Commission In Abuja, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Federal Republic of Nigeria" Do not open except in the presence of the Opening and Evaluation Committee" and deposited in the Tenders box located in the:
Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Building,
101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- The Bid shall be valid for one hundred and twenty (120) days after Bid opening and must be accompanied by USD 5,000 (bank guarantee or surety bond) bid security valid for 150 Days.
- Interested Bidders may obtain additional information from the following address during working hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00am (8.00am GMT-t-1) to 4.00pm (3.00pm GMT+1), ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division, 1st Floor, Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, PMB 401 Abuja Nigeria. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Companies interested in visiting the site may contact ECOWAS Commission Maintenance Division, Abuja, Federal Republic of Nigeria; contact person: Eng. Aboubacar Amadou, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a site inspection / visit on 28th February and 1st March 2022.