The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested and competent consultants to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Engagement of Consultant Survey Manager for the National STEPS Survey
The Federal Ministry of Health in partnership with the World Health Organization, Resolve to Save Lives and Global fund is conducting a National STEPs survey. STEPS is the WHO's recommended tool for surveillance of NCDs and their risk factors. It provides an entry point for low- and middle-income countries to get started on NCD surveillance activities. It is also designed to help countries build and strengthen their capacity to conduct surveillance.
In addition to the main risk factors for NCDs, the Nigerian STEPs survey will include information to assess the linkage between COVID-19 and NCDs; HIV and NCDs; andTB and NCDs. A survey manager is required to ensure that the different components of the survey are efficiently managed to guarantee that the survey is successful and of international standards.
Scope of Work
The Survey Manager will be a researcher with experience in national surveys and with at least 5 year experience in planning and conducting household surveys. The survey coordinator will:
- Report to the DPH
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the survey
- Be actively involved in the design of the study
- Contribute to the development of training manual and study materials
- Support the recruiting and training of survey staff/team
- Supervises the work of data collection by team leaders through periodic reports
- Supervises other survey team members to ensure strict compliance with survey implementation timeline.
- Ensure responsible management of the resources allocated for the NCDs STEPs survey.
- S/he must ensure that all survey activities are in compliance with approved survey protocol and that no breach of ethics is allowed during the exercise.
- Make presentations to relevant stakeholders at various stages and milestones achievement of the survey including the SMC and SIC.
- S/he will ensure timely preparation and submission of the survey report
- Support the archiving of files at the completion of the project.
- Support the preparation of publishable article in peer reviewed journal
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to recruit efficient and motivated staff;
- Current knowledge of the Federal Ministry of Health, public health institutions and the personnel involved in STEPS survey;
- Good understanding of the Non-Communicable Diseases Programme.
- Well-organized and efficient planner;
- Ability to mobilize multiple teams over a short period to complete data collection;
- Ability to facilitate meetings of the STEPS Coordinating Committee (SMC and SIC)
- Good understanding of the philosophy and objectives of the STEPS risk factor.
- Eligible candidate must possess at least an advanced degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Epidemiology.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in supervising and leading national or multi-national level surveys.
- Possess strong analytical and writing skill including competency is use of statistical analytical software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and Microsoft office package.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 21st February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner "Engagement of Engagement of Consultant survey Manager for the National STEPS Survey" and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4,
(FCT) - Abuja.
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience and relevant supporting document.
- Recent CV
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.