The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested and qualified consultant(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Engagement of Consultant Report Writer for the National NCDs STEPs Survey
The Federal Ministry of Health in partnership with the World Health Organization, Resolve to Save Lives and Global fund is conducting a National STEPs survey. STEPS is the WHO's recommended tool for surveillance of NCDs and their risk factors. It provides an entry point for low- and middle-income countries to get started on NCD surveillance activities. It is also designed to help countries build and strengthen their capacity to conduct surveillance.
In addition to the main risk factors for NCDs, the Nigerian STEPs survey will include information to assess the linkage between COVID-19 and NCDs; HIV and NCDs; and TB and NCDs.
On completion of the fieldwork and data analysis, a comprehensive report of the findings will be developed by a report writer.
Scope of Work
The report writer will be a public health professional with at least 5 years’ experience in write up and delivery of high-quality report. The report writer will:
- Report to the survey manager
- Work closely with the data manager/analytics manager
- Work in consultation with the DPH/FMOH and other relevant key stakeholders as required.
- Work on the analyzed STEPs data to extract key thematic areas. Information has to be clear, focused and scientific.
- Generate a report in line with the objectives of the survey
- Include charts, graphs and other necessary graphics that creatively convey key messages contained in the report as needed
- Ensure report is appropriately laid out and proofread
N/B: Final report to be in MS Word and PDF format as well as any other format as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations;
- Strong analytical, reporting, writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrated experience in publishing reports/papers in internationally previewed journals.
- Eligible candidate must possess at least an advanced degree in Public Health/Social Science or other health related subjects.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in report writing with evidence of at least 10 publications in internationally peer-reviewed journals.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 21st February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner "Engagement of Consultant report writer for the national NCDs STEPs survey" and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4,
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience and relevant supporting document.
- Recent CV
- The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.